Everything posted by Stanley
-
Unused plugs - curiosity!
Uploaded some pics of some plugs that are unused behind the dash. Been curious of what they were intended for. Any thoughts?
-
DRB 3 abilities
Super old thread to dig up, but curious if these units are still expensive. I'd like to have one!
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
UPDATE: I found a running 2000 Cummins 2500 2wd truck for 2k. So now I have auto ecu, pcm, all the wiring and trans! This truck the center mpg and compass deal, also had dual mirror and lighted visors so that will be going in the 1500 now. Ill have to use this trucks harness for everything now due to its auto, upgrade extras, and it has no abs so it will plug right into the 1/2 ton 1500 braking system. Unlike my previous conundrum that the 02 abs wiring had. So it seems its a win win on this part! ***This parts truck had a vacuum cruise control*** that I'm using everything for. I don't want that. The 02 had electronic cruise control. Since I have all this stuff from both parts rigs, how can I incorporate the electronic cruise control and delete the vacuum portion?? The 02 has 3cyl high idle and 6cly high idle! I'd like to retain this. This question applies prolly to both high idle and cruise, can the @Auto Computer Specialist install/add all these things I'm wanting/needing? Keeping all the options etc?? Ill have to swap/use the CTM from the 2000 truck too I believe, correct?? Keeping in the addition of things, how easy it to add keyless entry/ alarm? Having to rethink the rear axle, even though it will work for awhile, I don't think its gonna handle the power for long and I don't wanna do this twice Here's a head scratcher: So I can use my dana 80 and re-gear to 3.55's and have DISC BRAKES! Then use 8x6.5 to 5x5.5 adapters to get to my lugs wheels I'm using and to keep the stock appearance. Only problem there is those adapters space out everything 2'' and that would make wheels stick out way to far. ^The parts truck has a dana 70 with 3.55 but has drum brakes.... still and option. ^also to keep in mind the dana 80 with disc brakes, the disc brake would be massive compared to the front brakes. Or try and build a 3rd gen 1500 disc brake axle to handle 600 ish hp OR Find/make 5lug axle shafts for a dana 70/80 OR Custom axle OR Just used 8 lug wheels......Use dana 80 disc in the rear and then make the front have 8 lug as well with disc brakes/spindle from 2500 parts truck. OR Use dana 70/80 and use 8 lug to 5 lug adapter and buy different wheels with better back spacing.
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Little update: Luckily! I found a 2000 running 2wd cummins truck for 2k. Gonna part out but keep engine and trans. Ill post on my main thread some other details I'm getting out of this deal. So I'm gonna use all the wiring from this truck since it had an auto and lots of upgraded options I didn't have initially - posted in main build thread. Ill have wiring, pcm, ecu at my disposal, wiring is coming out, I just got the transmission pulled yesterday. Couple of things: I want to get rid of heat exchanger I want to have a stand alone cooler system- new lines- new cooler and fan. I've seen some setups just doing a quick google search but I am unsure of what I need exactly. Do you simply just mount the cooler and fan on frame (under bed in front of wheel as Ive seen) then route new lines straight to the transmission? Or route new lines to a new cooler in original location. Keep in mind this just a play truck with no towing. *Ill also need to figure out/learn if Ill need the "ant eater trans controller" from fire punk *Trans purchase is still up for debate from Firepunk or Randy's Check out my main build thread for more updates and well... Questions.
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
With all this apart I now need to figure out how to make my SLT trim harness work with the base model harness. This will be very tricky. The base model does not have abs* my wiring/modules do, the base model doesn't have power windows, locks, heat and I want them - my harness has them, overhead console/light, etc... I 'm thinking the only real hold up on just completely swapping harness's is the brake's. There is a brake module in the 1/2, has 2 plugs going to it and its not the same as what the 02 diesel had, obviously. So if I swap everything I'll just be left with a brake problem and now ill have a constant light in dash. I'm just now thinking of the speedo, maybe it's the same? Ill have to change info in the trucks computer so it doesn't think there's still 4.10s in the rear etc. Man this seems complicated now haha, am I overthinking this, how much computer stuff will I actually need to change overall..... I got some thinking and figuring out to do. If anyone has pointers or some advice I'm all ears!
-
New to Auto Transmissions
I'm still needing info/advice on what I will need to swap the auto into the truck. Like what wiring harness/plugs, engine to trans cables etc... Anything that my manual truck does not have and autos have, I now need going forward with my 1/2 ton cummins. I hope that explains it enough lol.
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
Interior is out now... If anyone needs special pics or curious whats behind the dash- hit me up... Wiring is coming out slowly. Still not exactly sure if every single harness will need swapped or if I'll just do it all to avoid confusion down the road. Might rebuild the hvac box again, found that Genos Garage has a ac/heater box seal kit for $55 I might try instead of just making my own with peel and stick foam tape-pita.... Found a 2003 1/2 ton disc brake axle for $300 I might get to change the rear over to disc's. You only have to move the spring perches in just a bit apparently, well see lol. Its coming along! Wish me luck! **Still needing insight on what else I'll need swapping over to auto from manual... surely wiring and more?
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
It has started! I have removed the cummins engine out of my sig* truck, now working on the harness and interior stuff. Gonna go ahead and make a dedicated engine stand bracket to attach to the engine block then to the new Daytona engine stand I got.
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
What else will I need to get to run a auto instead of a manual with everything. Brackets? Cables? Wiring? ETC... Computer flash most likely, as I understand it....
-
Not your typical air in fuel headache
Try replacing your vp44 overflow valve. Its over looked a lot.
-
VP44 Delivery Valves
Yes, definitely have learned a lot of things I would never have thought of from him. Pretty cool dude, one of these days Id like to meet up with him at an event.
-
Kubota failed and failed again.
When you fold everything backup to transport mode- recheck your fluid levels - before you put back in service! Where (all) cylinders are positioned highly dictate your fluid level! Also If you haven't done it yet, it a GOOD time to cut the hydraulic filter open and check for debris, and well obviously replace your filter. Hopefully the machine didnt run for long after it happened.
-
LRB speed dash??
They have hit a bullseye on this! Been following them for awhile now. However expensive, its not bad if you actually need a "complete" dash. The sub dash frame is rather pricey if you can find one, I've seen some extremely high prices online before. They have an extremely big cool factor! I really want one but can't justify the cost right now on my restoration/drag build. You can get (I have one) a completely brand new dash top (NOT a cover) for $300 from LMC Truck and they look amazing! Same with their dash bezel as well (got that one also). Depends on your build and what your going for in your truck. Work truck- NO just get a replacement dash. High end build -possibly, aesthetics take place here. Original nice new or super tough bad mama jama? Or both? Money to burn?..... just get it, and I'll be jealous lol.
-
VP44 Delivery Valves
So I follow Devin Henry on fb also known throughout the world as #superdarf He has TONS of videos on his second gen and lots of mods/ test from a tons of different products he has done/ tried. Some which are very interesting and informative. He has just recently added custom delivery valves into his vp44 and I thought it was interesting to share/ discuss. Anyone else ever done this mods or heard of it? If any power or throttle response etc? I highly suggest you go through his videos and check out what he has done!!! *I have no affiliation* Video Link for delivery valve lope
-
Billet interior parts!
Found a guy on a facebook group that is making billet parts for 2nd gen trucks. These things look amazing! Really cool find! Been trying to join the group but I have to (answer the questions - if you've joined a group you know what I'm talking about), to get approved and well its bugged and I cant join for some reason. If you look up Lowered 2nd gen ram (group) you'll find where he's at, and if you can join - well let me know. Guys name is Raul Duenas He has more pics lurking in that group, little bit of everything. I don't know the guy but if your interested hit him up!
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
Still searching for a transmission core.....! Kinda ridiculous, I figured there would be oodles of these laying around! After I get that then I can start talking to shops about a rebuild. Randy's is looking pretty good, maybe sun coast, still UNSURE on what to go with either of those is around $8500 for 600-650hp. (Randy's- 2 Year Warranty) (Suncoast- 3 Year Warranty) Randy's seems to be more dialed/personal in asking very specific questions on the truck to really dial in the trans, I really need to dial in what size injectors and turbo to run. That 64/71/14 is coming out of there, and prolly for sale! I currently have DAP injectors = 7x11 sac, and a set of 6x13 sac injectors. I might need to trade those out or sell them for a different size depending on turbo. Goal is 600-650 fast fun play toy in a half ton, no towing etc, just a fun occasional DD play toy. Maybe @dieselautopower has good setup in mind. I don't know if yall remember my fiasco with the (current-old setup) that 64/71/14 and these big injectors makes some heat. Had a lot of trouble even getting close to decent egts, also had a ton of trouble tuning it. It used to have a Dragonflow VP and 6x18's and .093 lines and tubes with this turbo. Once its done, or close to it, hopefully @Mopar1973Man travels will be close to the Missouri line to hang out and do some tuning. Its looking like the fall or next spring itll be finished, of course that depend on how crazy I get with new paint, frame paint, etc. Plan is a frame off build but it might change cause this 01- 1500 is friggin clean/mint!
-
24v - Ram 1500 Cummins
Well I got another truck that I just had to have. Another unicorn!!! No rust 79k miles squeaky clean truck. Its a 2001 Dodge 1500 2wd with the V6. This truck is the new 1500 Cummins! The 2001 has update 2 piston calipers up front compared to the older ones only having one. Also the front spindles has unit bearings, easy to replace, stronger, better, etc. One other thing to mention is servicing the brakes are way easier. Having the unit bearings instead of the old style makes it where I can run my newer 3rd gen style rims that I picked up with out needing a 2 inch spacer. There's not many rims that the 99 and older ones can run, actually a pretty limiting factor for other 2nd gen enthusiast. Heres the new rig!!! *note: some photos wont upload, I'm getting a error code (-200)?? Immaculate underneath! They both got a pressure wash bath, super clean!
-
Slow Roll
Just been curious and ...... Well I feel bad bringing it up, but its kinda slowed down here on the site. I remember it being a pretty bustling place a way back. I know its prolly because of the membership stuff, but Im not complaining. Nothing it free in this world lol, knowledge has tons of value and this site has multiple costs too - totally agree with a subscription. It seems (my hypothesis) to have just drove out the riff raff so to speak and slowed everything down.
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Well, any second choices? Im gonna be really flying by the seat of my pants on this auto stuff. I am solely counting on yall for guidance on this build.... no pressure
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Just browsed their site, looks to me that they only offer the 48RE and 68RFE transmissions.
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Also need advice from everyone on which vendor to choose for an new trans. Revmax ATS- heard not so good Randy's Suncoast ???
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Probably not my best choice then. Ok so ill stick with the 47RE for simplicty - done. Been reading on FMVB vs regular, seems like Id like it but not super street friendly and cost more lol Need to readup on lockup switches, OD switch, and everything else that deals with these autos. The time is getting close to start tear down for the 1/2 ton cummins swap...!
-
New to Auto Transmissions
Still learning transmissions... Still looking for a trans and came across this trans local to me. Its a 48RE though.???? Kinda high price just to rebuild to handle 650 ish hp, definitely not a core price lol... Thoughts??
-
cleaning axels for rebuild (axel tube)
Do you have the axle out from underneath the truck?