• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need tires this fall.... Dealing With Tire Rack......

• Staff
On 7/22/2019 at 5:30 PM, dripley said:

Now I could deal with that but these jobs dont allow it. Like yoday I look at what the framer did while I was gone and he chose to deviate from the drawings and we spent all day long back tracking. Deviations without approval opens a whole new can of worms. Cant seem to make them understand that. This is my 6th week of framing and 5th different framing foreman. Its total bullchit.

I find a lot of subs getting like that.... just a lot of BS. Its amazing what they say in order to try and cover up what's obviously just a shortcut. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I'd be out of there too.... they run them poor guys into the ground. You got to slip them a 20 or two once in awhile. My local service station pretty well has a permanent sign out, '' Now Hiring''. Poor guys.... i see a new pump guy pretty much every week there.

• Sad 1

• Staff
20 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Typically I just head over to Ontario, OR for tires. Save on the sales taxes in Oregon.

I called Commercial Tire in Ontario. They will let me buy the tires over the phone in August, and get them installed in September when I want to. There is a rebate I'll get that expires on 31 August, but I want to get one more road trip on the POS OEM tires. 

As far as local vs tire rack, the tires are the exact same price each and tire rack doesn't offer a road hazard on LT tires. 

I'm also not going to use 208 tire, thou I had originally wanted to, since there is a Commercial Tire in Ontario and Commercial Tire offers road hazard. Too good of a deal to pass up. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1