• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re Trans Service Tips and Tricks

The boost circuit comes on at the 1-2 shift, so it's on pretty much the whole time. It's good for about 20 psi. Between spring rate and balance signal manipulation, it tops out at about 175 in the HD/Towing VB. I can run it up to about 190 up top by using some 48RE valving.

I checked and your only 320 miles from me says 7hrs.

I might see if I can come up with a valve body. Theres a 47re on craigslist list for 500 right now

175 is plenty. 

Say you want 100-175.

I drop it in and it makes 140wot?

175 is good for most things a 2nd Gen will be doing. Some guys definitely need more, but that's pretty rare. It's definitely plenty for most towing applications, which is why I set them up that way. Making pressure is a good thing (to a point), as long as you can control the shifts and lockup.

If you dropped one of my valve bodies in and it only made 140 at WOT, something would be drastically wrong. I'll let you know the first time it happens! :lmao:

@Timd32 I'm curious to find out how you like the Goerend 15SS. I got the 17SS, supposed to be slightly higher stall than the 15SS. However, I wish it was a little higher yet to get the twins to spool from a dead stop. Nothing else to complain about though, it does it's job well.

Edit: I'm also running John Deere Hy-Gard J20D Low Viscosity instead of ATF. Even though it's Viscosity is close to Dexron III, it might have lowered the flash stall a little. I'm also using my crappy injectors until I have time to send my better ones in for service. That's not helping my situation.

Edited by kzimmer

Was just curious is all. I'd assume that  it wont be 105-175 exactly some truck more some less.

I'm make  more than 140 now.

Would be assume to drop you valve body in and absolutely love it. If 2-3 is crisp n quick I will. That's my only gripe with my current set up. I dont like 2-3.

These trannies aren't plug and play they take tunning.

I do believe there is high probability your valve body will be love at first shift. Hell maybe off idle with the aggressive pressure curve.

Specifically compared to my shift kitted valve body that I've done some tinkering with were I dont really know what I'm tinkering with

Edited by Evan

On 8/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, kzimmer said:

@Timd32 I'm curious to find out how you like the Goerend 15SS. I got the 17SS, supposed to be slightly higher stall than the 15SS. However, I wish it was a little higher yet to get the twins to spool from a dead stop. Nothing else to complain about though, it does it's job well.

I'm still in the building stages so won't know for a little while yet. 

But from your info, we are at the pretty polar opposites on power, sounds like you have a pretty awesome set up.

I went with the 15SS based on a 10k pull rating, and 215hp.......??. Pretty funny to actually type out 215hp, as I know it's not making that.... Yeah might not be even in the same book, let alone same page.

175 bales of hay @ 40lb per bale 7k + 2500lb wagon. Wagons might be a little bit heavier, might get some wet bales every now and then, but that is my worse case I'm thinking.

Edited by Timd32
  • Like 1