• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wait to Start

This seems to be consistent for my truck. I usually do not get a wait to start light on the dash...i just wait for the chimes and other lights to go out and turn the key, starts right up.

What I have noticed over the years of ownership is that after the batteries are disconnected the :wts: will function again.(I usually notice after trying to start my normal way and just get cranking) I now have a FP gauge which gives me other details on this light. When it does function the light will come on two seconds or so after all the other lights and bells have gone off. When the light does come on I notice the FP gauge spikes up and then returns to zero as if the pump is turned on for a second. None of this is a problem, rather a curiosity as to if this is normal happening for these trucks or what causes the light to stop coming on. (I can actually start the vehicle sooner this way which is nice) When the light does NOT come on as it is doing now I do NOT notice the FP gauge spike before starting...

Again, no problem just odd...perhaps indicative of something else??

Anyone else ever notice this?

Dont know how I missed that old thread brought back about ECM and Wait to start just a few posts below.

Still not sure thats my issue as my wait to start does not come on at all now, but truck starts fine. If i tried to start it prior the Light coming on (when it was working) it would not start. :shrug:

The WTS light should come on at key on. When its warm it is only on briefly, easy to miss if you are not looking for it. The little fuel burst is normal and should happen at key on. I am really surprised your truck starts with the light delayed or not working. That might be a first here.

Yes It has shown to be consistent that after battery disconnect the wait to start light will be delayed till after all the other lights and chimes stop then it will come on for 2 sec < then you can start. After a week or so of this, there is no wait to start light at all. Just went out and tried to start like a gasser and it did not want to start, although it probably would have if i kept on it. Just wait 2-3 sec after key turn and it fires right up with no wait to start. It has been like this for years and does not bother me, just a curious one to note I guess.