• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Boost readings off OBDLink

Our waste gate does NOT reduce the pressure of the intake tract.   (there are systems that do, ours does not)

Our waste gate diverts potential energy from the exhaust drive pressure away from the drive side of the turbine.  (our waste gate basically reduces drive pressure)

image.png.7f663c9022e5d8e171e460ba7a9a2d14.png

From 11-14 (Exhaust system) of the 2001 FSM

HTH

Hag

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

I have, in the past, completely blocked off my wastegate boost reference hose and blown the gate open with exhaust drive pressure. Exhaust drive pressure will absolutely assist in opening the gate.

If the drive pressur is high enough to overcome the holding pressure of the acutator yes it will open the waste gate. But for testing purposes all you need to do is presurize the actuator.

I would think something is engineered into the system to allow for the drive pressure pushing against the waste gate.