• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck noise changes

They said they fixed and tested it there(not sure how) that it passed both times. I think it could be something on the trucks end. I dont know what could cause it to fail, it works for a few minutes, then fails(abs motor keeps running and lights come on. ) I'm no electrical expert by any means, but maybe something with the lines going into the the module itself? Power surge? No idea really. They mentioned something about the mosfet.

And they gave me my money back, and said that sometimes these things are just bad. (Again, I'm no electrical expert). They're only like 80 miles south of where I live, maybe i should go pick their brain a bit more, but at this point, it is what it is. They were pleasant to deal with.

Side note, the truck does the noise change even prior to being warmed up. Did it this morning driving through town , hadn't reached operating temp yet. But it's usually 5 min or so into driving in the morning. Its oddly random. Could be a VP thing? Almost 260k, and I think it's a stock vp too. 

1 hour ago, Alexio Auditore said:

They're only like 80 miles south of where I live, maybe i should go pick their brain a bit more, but at this point, it is what it is. They were pleasant to deal with.

Maybe worth a try, from what I gather they have a average knowledge person that answers emails and a tech that they hold hostage in the back. The reason I say this is when I emailed them few times for consultation they told me sme things that I already knew and then said if I keep having issues they can ask their tech guy in the back. I was going to pick his brain but my 5 year old issue is mostly resolved now and I think I know the rest of the story, so for now I'm letting it go, too many other things to worry about. 

1 hour ago, Evan said:

You guys might look at the brake light switch at the pedal.

I had this damn thing cause me all kinds of issues. Abs, cruise control and ofcourse brake light issues.

I got one just in case, haven't changed it yet. I put new rear speed sensor that goes in rear end and the lights went off and are staying off. Although if I scan it with snap on it still shows signal from front left sensor is randomly dropping. Must not be enough to trigger the abs/brake lights. Wish the obdlink did body codes so I wouldn't have to find people that charge money to pull abs codes and tell me that abs sensor is junk. Still don't get it, snap on said rear sensor is bad but on the monitor it showed perfect chart, changed it anyway and no more problems. I hate automobils. 

• Like 1