• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You are operating under the assumption that the hot rod adds alot of timing.  

V2 tuning replaces the timing command rather than adding to it so you are far less likely to run into issues with "overtiming" like you would with other tuners.

Follow the standard tuning methods outlined and dont worry about it unless you have bucking at a given point.  If you do back timing by .5* until it goes away.

From my point of view nothing changes.

If I remember right ( i might not ) the offset we were seeing during test of cold start / idle conditions was ~1* IE the ecm said 15* on my SO truck but 14* on a HO in the same conditions.  

It really wasn't a big difference.  Not enough to change the tune much unless you are trying to get every last mpg out of it.  But if that's the case you would need to road test to adjust for your truck anyways.  

• Owner

Timing needs to be based off of cetane, injector pop pressure, and for other conditions. You could have a Hotrod pump and then have low popped injectors like 305 bar and that would negate most of that. Injectors fire larte but the pump fires early. Then cetane could swing it early or late again depending if the cetane is low or high. 

• 1 month later...

I'm still really new to this forum. My Truck starts bucking at cruising speeds almost immediately after it shifts into over drive. Would this be a timing adjustment you referred to? If so which timing adjustment would I adjust on my Quad?

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

Could this be the torque convertor locking and unlocking you're felling?   What is the AC voltage at the alternator?

I don't believe its the torque convertor locking up it doesn't feel like that. It starts out surging or bucking mildly and gets harder and harder until its jerking the truck violently. Tonight when I test drove it I turned the overdrive off when it was surging and it instantly went away and came back when I turned the overdrive on. If I let off the throttle it goes away, if I accelerate it goes away. It only does it when I maintain a certain speed and it shifts into overdrive. I have also noticed if I put my quad in valet mode it does it but very mildly. I've tried adjusting my fuel stretch up and down makes no change. I also tried adjusting the minimum pump tap fueling percentage from 10% down to 5% no change. I Tried adjusting the light throttle timing adv and the light throttle load limit % with no change i'm also not sure how far I should adjust them either. Could the Apps cause this?