• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headlight upgrade problems.

• Owner

image.png

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-and-subminiature-bulbs/9004-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-internal-drivers-4000-lumensset/3910/8027/

Neither were mine. The headlights cases I bought on Amazon but I tried the crappy HID/Halogen bulbs. Those were junk. SilverStar Halogens are junk (860 lumens). As you can see the new bulbs are 4,000 lumens. These are only 9 dollars more than the past set of SilverStar halogens I paid for. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

To be honest with you I dont remeber. I bought them on amazon and looked at so darn many of them I lost track of any brand. I just bought some that had a reflector I thought would work. I got cheap ones just in case they did not work. Mine dont have reflectors in the turn signal and they need them. They are DOT and SAE compliant so we will see what safety inspection folks say here pretty soon. 

I did see many housings that only had reflectors in the back. My bulbs are COB LED's and some reading I did later said the CREE LED's were better for head lights. Going to get set one day and see. You would have to google that to see the difference. Thats the only way I could tell you is to re gooogle. My brain did not absorb it all.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

image.png

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-and-subminiature-bulbs/9004-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-internal-drivers-4000-lumensset/3910/8027/

Neither were mine. The headlights cases I bought on Amazon but I tried the crappy HID/Halogen bulbs. Those were junk. SilverStar Halogens are junk (860 lumens). As you can see the new bulbs are 4,000 lumens. These are only 9 dollars more than the past set of SilverStar halogens I paid for. 

Thanks! Mine just came in. They are a lot brighter than the silver stars. The true test will be tonight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Threadzy said:

Thanks! Mine just came in. They are a lot brighter than the silver stars. The true test will be tonight. 

Dont forget to check how they look coming at you. I can crank mine up and light alot highway but I am also blinding folks. 

5 hours ago, dripley said:

Dont forget to check how they look coming at you. I can crank mine up and light alot highway but I am also blinding folks. 

D467B792-4DCD-4B24-8B6F-1D29305AE28A.jpeg.8df94f27dd704b7998bb6a004a697926.jpegGot them dialed in as good as I could. I always park in my street and walk out about 30’ in front and check them out. Still not super happy probably will just buy some from the retro shop. This pick looks better than it actually is. Or maybe the white light burned in my eyes were hindering its appearance! it’s scattered pretty good.?

Edited by Threadzy