• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Light/Lens Restoration Kit

Hey all Just used a 3M lens restoration kit for by rear cabin light as well as my front two headlights. Normal yellow fade etc from sun and time. The results were amazing - I would say honestly a 90+% improvement. Takes 3 or 4 takes of using various grit sandpaper followed by rubbing compound at end - but really effective. Will post picks in the morning. http://www.amazon.com/3M-Headlight-Lens-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1283740197&sr=8-1 Good stuff !! :thumbup2:

Not sure - haven't driven at night yet - will do so tonight for a test drive and update - good question. I just did it because the yellow seemed a bit old - and I was thinking of halogen lights - but really I wanna kinda of save $$ now in case I need a new tranny in the next 12 mths. So rather than $100+ for new lights - used the various sandpaper grades and the compound at end and came up A1 :) Especiallyu as I have ripped off my bumper and trim as well and have sanded that to clean and about to respray with plastic matt black - front end starting to look real good. Will update about any difference at night sometime tomorrow hopefully.

• 4 weeks later...
I want to know if there is any bright light for the 2nd gen dodges.. I rode in my dads 03 and the lights on them are amazing..Shine way out there.. Even with projector lights on my 01 I thought they would be great but they wernt very bright and didnt shine very far... I want a light that will light the whole dang road up without bein on bright beam. Im gettin tired of only seeing just past my hood.

I want to know if there is any bright light for the 2nd gen dodges.. I rode in my dads 03 and the lights on them are amazing..Shine way out there.. Even with projector lights on my 01 I thought they would be great but they wernt very bright and didnt shine very far... I want a light that will light the whole dang road up without bein on bright beam. Im gettin tired of only seeing just past my hood.

My sport conversation lights seem to work pretty well. You can get them from dieselautopower (jkidd) for like $330 I think. They come with harnesses and such. I have a write-up on CF about them.:thumbup2:

Neat.. I not a big fan of dumpin $300 into lights.. I guess im gonna have to get the silverline H1 bulbs for my projector headlight.. there like $40 and suppost to be 30% brigter then standard H1 bulbs.. oh well.

Sometimes you have to pay to play!! But a friend of mine has Ebay HIDs and seem to be pretty bright. The only thing I don't like about them is the light is kinda scattered out all over the road. Haven't done a side by side comparison or lumen meter test yet. Planning to once I get mine back up and going!:thumbup2:

does your ebay friend sell hid in h1 projector bulbs.. Im not up to date on light so correct me if im way off. Whats his user name if he does.

Oh sorry no he doesn't sell them, he bought them off ebay!! Sorry about the confusion man. I can't remember which ones he bought, but they were pretty cheap...:thumbup2: