• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Parking brake failed

All

Yesterday my parking brake cable failed me.  The cable itself did not break, but the metal 'clip' or whatever its called that holds the cable from the tensioner to the cable going forward did.  I called my local dealership to get the intermediate cable ordered since it comes with the metal piece I need, however they said it is a discontinued part.  After shopping around a few online websites for the part I have not come up with any luck either (Part # 52010321AA).  The diagram below is pointing directly at the part I need on # 10.  I am hesitant to buy an aftermarket cable again since this part failed me in less than a year already.  Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on how to fix this so it does not happen again?

image.png.324e557ef5d5039d798bda3d763d56ae.png  

BrokeParkingCable.jpg.a1338784d819d8b712a461f6d8491936.jpg

All

Thanks for the replies.  I have a 4 month old daughter, so fabricating my own is not possible now due to limited spare time.  I went ahead and bought an aftermarket replacement clip.  Hopefully this one lasts longer than the previous one.  @Bullet thank you for the offer, however I wanted to get this fixed sooner rather than later.  

• Like 1