• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is 4" exhaust worth it?

Looking for opinions on installing 4" exhaust. Any noticeable power increase over stock exhaust? Any noticeable drop in EGT? Aluminized or stainless? Muffler or straight pipe? Not worried about loudness as much as droning.

What brand? Diamond Eyes, MBRP or something else?

Thanks for any advice.

I used a Banks 4" stainless and installed it in 2005. No power gain, and I did not have an EGT gauge prior to the install. It has held up very and shows no sign of any of it failing to date. Mine does have a flow thru muffler and sound great to my ears. Not so much trying to sell the Banks product over any others just the stainless mainly. There is some drone but not bad. Still think I might throw an FTE resonator on it one day, just not high on the list right now.

Talked myself out of the exhaust. Talked to Jon at Dynamic today and think its valve body time. Been putting it off long enough. Time to part with some side job money. 4" exhaust may come in the future but i really should spend the money to make the truck stronger. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Change to 4" if you change out the turbo to an s300.  No real power gain or EGT drop until you are 400HP or more.... 3" can flow 500-600HP.

Biggest restriction is the turbine side of the hx35 and single port wastegate. 58mm turbine (2")  with 7mm shaft and wheel in the way and a wastegate port that only gates the front 3 cylinders and is about 15mm in diameter.  --- no real reason to change out to 4" unless yours is rusting out.

Headlights, tunnel ram intake, S&B filter all would be easier to install and money better spent.

• Thanks 1