• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Map boost sensor failing edge

Twice now only with the edge comp on getting on it a little goes in to limp mode scanguage says it’s boost sensor code,replace sensor runs fine with the edge turned off or even with it on it runs good until I get on it,then blows the sensor again, weird.

side note I had a 53 block that cracked so I replaced it with a new one,that old engine ran really good with the same edge chip same ecm, wire harness,vp44,sensors swapped over to the new engine,so I didn’t want to blame the chip right off the bat since it worked so well before,any ideas? Thanks 

No they are not genuine Cummins sensors,I knew that was going to come up..might be what’s wrong but like I said it ran perfect before with the same sensor,I have a genuine Cummins sensor now but I’m afraid to Put it in and test it and ruin it they are not cheap lol 

• Owner

I don't go nuts abut Cummins OEM parts at all. 

Even NAPA sells the sensor and it just about the same price as Cummins. The other thing you need to look at is the error code its creating.

• P0234 is a turbo wastegate issue not a MAP sensor boost exceeded ECM limits.
  • P0236 is a turbo wastegate issue where the boost is too high too long.
  • P0237 is MAP sensor voltage too low.
  • P0238 is MAP sensor voltage too high. 

Now the last too errors are MAP sensor issues. Also could be a wiring issue. Like @dripley had sensor ground issues on his MAP sensor.

I should’ve written the codes down but I’m pretty sure it was the po234 ,along with po341 and water in fuel light,but the new map sensor fixed everything,and as long as I leave the edge off it runs great .

i should say the boost was only like 25 psi each time when they blew out,and I can run it up that high with edge off and have no issues 

Edited by Str86fan

I unplugged the map sensor today with the edge turned on and it ran really good but I’m not sure if long term it’s good to run it unplugged.Is it the quadrzilla that you guys are liking now days better than the edge ?

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not good... It produces max boost signal and screws the fuel map up.

I was wondering how that would work, just disconnected. When mine failed it registered O. Barely fueled the engine enough to get home. Unplugging would get the opposite results if I am reading this right??

Still not good but might have been easier to drive home.

Edited by dripley

leaving the wiring stock and leaving the edge map unplugged makes the edge go to 10 psi in the map for fueling.  it is a fail safe they have in place.  

Not a terrible idle honestly, but I just preferred people to fix their sheit rather than bandaid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Not a terrible idle honestly, but I just preferred people to fix their sheit rather than bandaid.

I am all for that especially just a sensor. I couldn't  find in the town I was in when it and the VP went. So I ordered one that was there the day after I got home. I didnt think to just unplug the Comp. I guess it would ride more bearable.

Edited by dripley