• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turbo/Injector upgrade (Heavy Towing) Shoutout to Me78569

62 65 14 turned my truck into a towing machine.

I'll agree 350horse tows well and runs cool. I regularly tow 18k plus with cool temps. It definitely moves some air.

I think it spools fast. Fast enough to surprise many here. 

In 5 years itl be mandatory to have 62 almost like it seems the truck wont run without a quad now. Lol

Edited by Evan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Settled on the 62/68/12 150 hp injectors ordering through DAP and there throwing in a turbo blanket that should make up the 200 rpm spool diff between the gxe and ther sxe thanks guys 

Edited by 1369x
  • Like 1

Should run great! Just got back from a camping trip at the coast. First trip with my hybrid. Pulled a 7% grade with the cruise control set at 57mph.   My trailer loaded weighs in at about 7,500 lbs.  truck ran great!  Couldn’t be happier. 

On 6/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, 1369x said:

Settled on the 62/68/12 150 hp injectors ordering through DAP and there throwing in a turbo blanket that should make up the 200 rpm spool diff between the gxe and ther sxe thanks guys 

When you get it installed please post back what your thoughts are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got everything installed huge power difference. Trucks alot of fun. Purchased a couple tunes  from mopar man and me, and also from a reputable guy off Facebook. Having a little egt issues with the towing tunes but useable. Going to try and turn the egts down some but so far enjoy it very much. It's a different type of animal together used to as the stock setup full throttle in the stock setup would get me in the 1350 area for egts,but the new setup about 1/2 throttle for 4-5 seconds will pop me up there. Plan on getting a gauge pillar and looking for recommendations on what 3 gauges to go with I already figured another pyro gauge.

received_263708334938513.jpeg

Are you running wire tapped.

I hit 1100 quick then that's about the roof.  I can run grades with my foot on the floor t about 2000 rpm feels and sound like it hold the trajectory with no asphalt needed.  :)

If your hot and the quads running my thiughtvwould be to shut it off . Tune from factory base line then bring in just quad timming then maybe alittle fuel if it stays cool