• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector MPG Question

Is there any confirmed information on better mpg with a injector upgrade? I have read alot of posts that claim better mpg but it doesnt seem to make sense a larger injector would increase mpg. It is my thought for example a 50hp above stock injector would have a larger opening and work well at higher rpm but not as well as stock if you are driving for milage. The fuel droplets would have to be larger under low load conditions from the larger injector. That would be counter productive to complete combustion and not better for mpg. The site is coming along nice alot of good information there.

• Owner

Well Welcome to my humble little site... :thumbsup Well actually there is some changes to injectors as far as I understand... Like a stock injector is like lets say 5 holes. But a +40 HP Injector is 6 holes and maybe +60 HP is 7 holes.... This is just a example. But that what I understand why people are jumping to like RV275 injectors because its spreads the fuel around the bowl of the piston better because of the extra hole(s). But the size of the holes have really change till you get into big injectors... You control the fuel flow by your foot (keeping away from WOT operation) and you'll get better MPG from them. I'm not a pro at injectors but I'm sure someone will step up to give a bit more information about tnjectors and count of holes... :D

• 1 year later...

There are many advantages to an aftermarket injector among mileage increase. Upgraded injectors have a "corrected" spray pattern. This corrected spray leads to a finer atomization of the fuel, and a cleaner burn, which results in more power and better mileage. However, don't get the idea that you can run a huge injector and get amazing mileage, there is such thing as "too big". Another advantage to upgraded injectors is a smoother, more broad powerband. Getting more fuel on the bottom end will greatly increase your torque and bottom end grunt. Then there is more fuel on the top end, which leads to a smoother cruising speed without running out of fuel, plus when you stand on it, you will have far less turbo lag since you are getting that turbo moving quicker with the added fuel. If you are after mileage, get a set of 50-60 horse injectors, you won't be disappointed. We are a supporting vendor so send me a PM and I will set you up! -SteelGOS Performance

I also read on most of the forums that a SLIGHT INCREASE over stock in injector size will net better mileage. I'm talking something like DDP 50hp injectors and F1 40hp injectors. That is assuming all else stays the same......including driving style. JFYI, my last tank got me 19.7mpg hand calculated. Not bad for mid-November and winter fuel!!!

• Owner

Yes and going with a 5 micro filter will help the life of the injectors and some TC-W-3 Outboard add to your fuel.

Or even a good 2 micron like on FASS and AirDog... :tongue: Biodiesel or 2 cycle oil are good for the fuel system... But I've been looking at a set of injectors tips... RV275 for $99 bucks for a set of 6!!! But Now I can't find them... Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yes there is a fine line with improved mpg.However getting the injectors bar setting to match each other is the important part.Not every injector out there are even.I have talked to a injector builder who had a new set sent to him and well.......Do research is all i am going to say.I am on my 3rd set and i have had mine built for my truck to go with my setup.

• 3 weeks later...