• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Revs up and down.

No codes. I don’t know my fuel pressure. I ordered a quadzilla adrenaline with a fuel pressure gauge that should be here Tuesday. I just drove 20 more miles back to work after this happened. And no problems. Kind of seems like it surged once or twice at 45-50. Really small nothing too noticeable.

Didn’t have time to get it tested today. On way home today same thing happened but much worse. Lost all throttle response and shut off. Wouldn’t stay back up for a good 30 min. No wait to start light now. No codes. Finally got it started after cranking for 15 seconds 

I’m Thinking ecm?

Edited by ColoradoColt

I noticed something else unrelated maybe someone can help me with..unless it’s ecm related as well....my IAT is always in the 150s. I’ve been in Arizona for a few months and outside temp is in the 90s, sometimes 100s. But even early when it’s in the 70s outside my IAT is never under 140

Edited by ColoradoColt

Surging and limited or no throttle response are other symptoms too. I had those when my ECM went beserk. Mine had a lot codes also but none for the ECM. Mine also started fine but was pretty much un driveable. ACS in the vendors section would be good to talk with about the issues and get their input. Posted some this in your other thread.

My IAT temp usually runs in the 40* + ambient temp for the most part. If the ECM is bad it could be skewing the numbers. Mine also did that except with the coolant temp gauge.

• Thanks 1

• Owner
9 hours ago, ColoradoColt said:

I noticed something else unrelated maybe someone can help me with..unless it’s ecm related as well....my IAT is always in the 150s. I’ve been in Arizona for a few months and outside temp is in the 90s, sometimes 100s. But even early when it’s in the 70s outside my IAT is never under 140

Check the IAT and ECT sensor at startup in the morning cold. IAT and ECT sensor should match at key on, no start. Take a IR temp gun and measure the brass part of the ECT sensor. The coolant temperature should be close. IAT typically matches on my truck in the morning even in Arizona. I was just down there in June and it was 118*F during the day and start the morning at 80*F. (Mohave Valley, AZ)