• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear brake brackets torque spec

Yeah the manual only talks about the fronts. 

If I picked the part correctly that is an M14 bolt. (06504691)    It looks like it says 10.9 on the head in your picture.

image.png.da6ede0641a14699ed34b94ddb7367ca.png

The most you should put on it is 120 ft*lb.  I would set it at 100/110 and roll.

HTH
Hag

• Like 2

• Owner

Be careful. I did the front caliper frame bolts in the front with loctite. Needlessly to say the loctite and being torqued in it was so hard to remove I broke 4 sockets just using a breaker bar to remove them again. I don't suggest loctite on those bolts. Torque is more than enough to hold the bolts in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Be careful. I did the front caliper frame bolts in the front with loctite. Needlessly to say the loctite and being torqued in it was so hard to remove I broke 4 sockets just using a breaker bar to remove them again. I don't suggest loctite on those bolts. Torque is more than enough to hold the bolts in.

Thanks. I used the blue stuff. Hopefully they will come off. I’m doing ball joints and hubs next week so they won’t be on there too long. 

• Owner
20 minutes ago, BennyGGG said:

Thanks. I used the blue stuff. Hopefully they will come off.

Like I said be careful you might not get them back out. If it does pose a problem you need a torch and heat that loctite up to release the bolts.

22 minutes ago, BennyGGG said:

I’m doing ball joints and hubs next week so they won’t be on there too long.

Get yourself a hone brush for your drill. When the ball joints are out you can use the hone brush for the holes and hone out the rust and pitting. Then you can anti-seize the holes so installing the new joints should be fairly simple then. 

42 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Get yourself a hone brush for your drill. When the ball joints are out you can use the hone brush for the holes and hone out the rust and pitting. Then you can anti-seize the holes so installing the new joints should be fairly simple then. 

I appreciate the tip. After looking at countless different ball joints at nearly $300 dollars price difference a piece, I decided on the Moog 7394 and 7397. Hope they work out 

• Owner
11 minutes ago, BennyGGG said:

After looking at countless different ball joints at nearly $300 dollars price difference a piece, I decided on the Moog 7394 and 7397.

Don't use Moog... No longer a quality product. I bought some CHEAP AC Delco ball joints and still running on them after 200k miles. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Oh just for a tidbit of info. I just pulled the rear calipers off to check my parking brake shoes and found out the passenger side pad had rotted off the backing plate. The pad material was trapped between the frame and the rotor. Off to buy a new set of rear pads for my truck today. This was caused from all the salt used on the highways and my travels for Mom's dialysis.

DSCF4956.JPG

DSCF4957.JPG