• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 5.9 24 valve fuel canister inlet

hey guys, I want to test my fuel pressure and noticed on my fuelcaster I only have a banjo for the inlet and no port to hook up gauge up to.does anybody have a part number or a link to get a banjo that can accept a gauge port? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

• Staff

Slow death to the injection pump running the stock fuel system and lines. You need the 1/2'' big line kit from Vulcan Performance. It has all the right stuff, but you need to go to our article data base and look up the fuel system required modifications to keep your truck for the long haul. Other guys will chime in too on this as I worked too hard today and need to stop and rest.

Edited by JAG1

Hard to go wrong with JAG1's recommendation. Price is right.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FFIP59

Vulcan also has other pieces and parts.

On my truck the port connection is on the AN style 90 at the VP44, but it's not a long sweeping elbow. Like this, but tapped for connecting pressure transducer.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=650066

Don't hook the transducer directly to this location or it will be ruined. Many recommend air brake tubing to remote mount mount the transducer, due large volume to dampen pulses. I am the black sheep who uses a snubber and a grease hose - yes, zip tied to the power steering hose. So far, so good, but that's only 50k miles.

Edited by LorenS
  • Thanks 1