• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1 hour ago, LorenS said:

So at what point do normal people decide "this is why they make 5500 series trucks"?

I'm trying to convince him that he needs an old class 8 and a flatbed. Both can be had for less than the sticker on a new megacab.

Owning a 2 stroke detroit is on my bucket list. A Brigadier preferably. 

• Like 2

My dad had a 4V53T that he had planned to put in an old Chevy Crew Cab with gear splitter of some kind.  He spent all his free time buying, fixing, and renting out the occasional crappy house that came up for sale around him, so never got to it.  Thankfully, it all paid off and he bought his 01 Dodge dually from an auction.  The Detroit went away, but the Chevy carcass is - unfortunately - still taking up space in the driveway as it has for the last 22 years or so.  I had him fire up the Detroit before he sold it, it sounded great!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, dripley said:

The only time I ever smelled my clutch was backing my 5th wheel up a driveway it did not belong in.

In the 2012, I have eased onto the clutch too slowly in 5 th and slipped it a little.

In the '97, doing 75 on the interstate I floored it in 5th and felt it slip.

I smelled it when I got stuck on a 30° slope in the mud. It took wide open in fourth gear to get out of the mud.

Never with a load oddly enough.

I was at a stop light and a single axle day cab was next to me. Guy took off in a huge cloud of smoke from the clutch area. I'm not sure if it was one of those automated transmissions or bad driver..... or both.

Edited by That Guy
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:44 PM, That Guy said:

I was at a stop light and a single axle day cab was next to me. Guy took off in a huge cloud of smoke from the clutch area. I'm not sure if it was one of those automated transmissions or bad driver..... or both.

Must be the same local Coke driver we have here. I was at the Maverick station when the Coke truck tried to leave, slight uphill. First try he killed the engine, second try he revved it up, went about 6" and killed it again. Third try he screamed it, all the way to the exit barely moving!! I was mad, Lol.

Had a busy week, hauled/delivered 18 loads of cinders in 8 days. I checked fuel mileage for 3 consecutive days, same haul, same loads, average was 13.1 mpg. This is with my dump, 26k loaded and 15k empty. Anxious to see what the new injectors will do.