• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla and new 7x9s

I am trying to get my tune right for my new injectors. I got some 7x9s(100hp) that we put in yesterday. I had my quad set to start at about 74% fueling.  That was too low. Well long story short I got it at 100% starting and it don't smoke or haze much at all.  Call me crazy but shouldn't they be a little smokey at 100%???

• Owner

Lay flat out to the floor. You not going to hurt the truck. But you do need to see what full range of throttle will do if the smoke is too bad then you need to step down on CANBus fuel and might consider adding +1 to timing to aid in clean up of upper end smoke. If the limits are set up you can WOT and the Quadzilla will hold down anything outside of limits. The bottom of the screen will change yellow noting back down.

Been working a lot lately but tired out the truck yesterday. Had it started at 105% and went up by 1% the whole way up the canbus scale.  Floored it from a stop maybe a small puff of smoke. I will try a little more till I get some smoke. Then back it up a touch. Just feel like I didn't get 7x9s having to turn it up that much without smoke.  

• 4 weeks later...

I dissagree if pedal is rarely ever pushed to the floor why would I care what smke or power is there.

A wire tapped quad with 7x009 has the potential to power through a stock clutch or auto trans . Exspecly from a stop.

0-100 Pedal movement != 0-100% fueling depending on the tune.  The point of tuning at WOT is to ensure that you are not cramming 0-100% fueling into 0-%60 throttle movement.  You want %100 of possible duration before smoke at %100 throttle input.     

doing so will make your fueling smoother than give you more resolution in fueling compared to pedal movement.  

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

not cramming 0-100% fueling into 0-%60 throttle movement. 

Driving on some terrible roads last week, I about set my Quad to Level 1. I could barely keep my foot still enough to not go 0-100% once per second!