• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well I have my dashboard patched. I use the Goop again. I worked it in the crack with a razor blade.Let it set up overnight. Then I used my dremel with a soft nylon brush to remove the excess goop off the dash.I drilled through the end of the crack on the front side of the dash to stop it from cracking any farther.I then used a dental burr ( same one I used on my fender ) to open the crack up some but not go all the way through.I used my finger to fill the crack up, and a little above. Then used my razor blade to level it off, and the dremel to smooth and remove the excess on the last part of the crack - well its a break actually.Smoothed it off and then I put a coating of clear pvc pipe glue over the top to add a little more strength, and try to make it acceptable to look at.I will try to get a picture tomorow to add to this post.I know it is not as good as the factory but considering it will be under a cover for the dash it should be ok. The dash now has it's solidity like it wasn't broke at least.Some day you get the bear, and some day the bear gets you. This time I am just trying to recover from seeing my baby with a broken part :banghead:

post-10346-138698169824_thumb.jpg

post-10346-13869816983_thumb.jpg

Well I guess this thread was a waste of time. No one responded.Any how I got my cheapie dash cover in today and I am waiting for some extra velcro to finish up the job. The people that made it are sending more at no charge.Ok it's not perfect but it should help save the rest of the dash from breaking up I hope!

post-10346-138698170082_thumb.jpg

post-10346-138698170091_thumb.jpg

i've been waiting patiently for you to post the pics. looks good, but not my wife's cup of tea. the cover doesn't restrict the passenger airbag, does it? i have been trying to decide if i am going to get a dash from salvage or a new one the is guaranteed not to crack. my dash isn't cracked...its shattered :lmao:

If I had a cover for it I would have just duck taped the crack :lmao: Very nice job on fixing it! I think everyone was waiting for the pics before they said anything. Next time you start a post and edit in pictures later, just respond to the thread , even if it is your own post your responding to. That way it will bump your thread back up to the top of the list and people will look at it again, seeing the pics and responding. :thumbup2:

Well I found the cover at this place http://www.autoanything.com/ They have several styles, and this is called the suede leather look. It comes with stickem velcro. Not enough of it, So I called the people that make it in Tempe Arizona. Hey no chinese crap. They said no problem, velcro would be sent at no charge to me. I want more velcro to stretch it out tighter, and form better in the dip area. Have on ordered for my kia sedona. The things are made with cad equiptment and sewed there at the plant. 5 year guarentee ok hope i live that long.

I hate how my dash is cracked. I really don't like rugs & considered a cap until looking at a 95 with the entire top of the dash gone. A cap wouldn't have anything to stick to or would come off anyway when the dash finished falling apart. Does anyone know the manufacturer of Genos dashes? I'd like to do some more research. Warranty doesn't mean much if you have to keep changing the part. My heater core needs changing before winter & I'd like to deal with the dash at the same time - as soon as the 85 Mercedes 300SD gets installed & the climate control heats.Info on good replacement dashes would be good to list.

to replace the top half of the dash, with say, Geno's one (the ABS piece), doesn't require the entire dash to be removed, does it? I was looknig into one, since my dash looks like a JDAM hit mine, leaving the windshield intact. Heck, even the front bezel is all but falling off onto the floor..Looks to me, that there's a few screws across the top, one on each side by the a-pillar, and a couple along the bottom edge. so maybe removing the pass. airbag, the instr. cluster, and front bezel, etc., would be all that's needed? Again, I dunno, but by looking at the replacement ones, there isn't a ton of screws holding the things in place..But as I said, I don't know, only stared/studied pics of the replacements.There isn't enough dash left in mine to use a 'dash cap'..