• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stock fuel canister w/o filter?

I don't see why you couldn't, it's a sealed unit. Fuel is coming in under pressure will only have one way out. @Mopar1973Man says he catches particles in the filter even after air dog. Not a bad idea to keep it just in case whatever might get by air dog filters. I took my canister completely off, my lite doesn't come on either, few times that I did come on was when it was downpouring and when I washed engine bay, the plug must have got wet. I cut my bracket with a grinder and a cut off wheel so it still blocks the hole in the engine block. 

Guess another plus is you have a fuel heater in the winter

But that's a whole other debate

7 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I don't see why you couldn't, it's a sealed unit. Fuel is coming in under pressure will only have one way out. @Mopar1973Man says he catches particles in the filter even after air dog. Not a bad idea to keep it just in case whatever might get by air dog filters. I took my canister completely off, my lite doesn't come on either, few times that I did come on was when it was downpouring and when I washed engine bay, the plug must have got wet. I cut my bracket with a grinder and a cut off wheel so it still blocks the hole in the engine block. 

Guess another plus is you have a fuel heater in the winter

But that's a whole other debate

I thought the same thing since it was a sealed unit, and can’t say I’ve seen anything in the filter. But I haven’t had it set up this way for long. 
im not sure if the fuel filter Heater even works, but I do have the heater in the fass so Atleast I have that. 

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I ran mine for good while with out one and it worked fine. But without a filter the canister will not remove water from the fuel. So I dont think the wif sensor would do much.

Well that complicates things. I guess filters will just stay then.