• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No cruise control after engine swap 2002 into 1999

Ok, here is my issue, I recently wrecked my 2002 Ram 2500 H.O. 6 speed and totaled it out.  It only has 97,000 miles so I purchased a 1999 3500 with Cummins and an auto tranny to put my motor and transmission in.  I have completed the engine and transmission swap and all is well....almost.  The cruise will no longer work, the light won’t even come on in the dash. It worked on both trucks before the swap. 

Here’s another known problem, the 1999 truck had the vacuum actuator under the driver’s side battery for the cc and the 2002 cruise control is all electronic controlled.  I used the pcm and ecm from the 2002 so I didn’t hook the vacuum actuator up as the 2002 didn’t use it. Any suggestions would be great. 

Thanks,

I would guess the 02 electronics are looking for some signal the the 99 cant produce since none of them were fly by wire. Plus you have manual electronics on an auto truck. Did have the 02 electronics reflashed to an auto?

Edited by dripley

53 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Need to swap back to all the 1999 Electronics to make it work. Fly by wire was later series function. So both the ECM and PCM need to be 2002. 

More on the swap.

He appears to have done that with the ECM and PCM plus harnesses I believe.