• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Map sensor options 40+ psi

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It's not so much the sensor but the ECM. It can't see above 40 PSI because of software limitations. Kind of like the limitation of the coolant going to 204*F because that all the ECM can handle is up to 204*F.

i have never seen 40 psi to test that part but saw right at 215* or a bit more on mine right before the radiator blew many years back.

5 hours ago, 01dodge24v5.9 said:

What's everyone one using for a map sensor? My stock one maxes out at 40psi. I'm suspect that I'm making more boost than 40. I have the quadzilla BT gauges and dont want to run manual gauge. 

A manual boost is about the easiest one to add..

• Owner

This is why I don't rely directly on the Quadzilla display for gauge knowing the limitation of the sensors and ECM

ISSPro EV2 Boost 0 to 60 PSI with my warning light set to 45 PSI. I can reach 47 to 49 PSI but Quadzilla data logs reports I can reach 65 to 69 PSI I know is not true. (2001 MAP sensor with adapter)

ISSPro EV2 Fuel pressure gauge 0 to 30 PSI with my warning light programmed for 13 PSI.

ISSPro EV2 EGT's gauge 0 to 1,600*F with the warning light set to 1250*F.

ISSPro EV2 Trans Temp set the warning light for 225*F.

Now I can shut off my phone and just what the needed stuff on my a-pillar and not bother with the limited range of tuner gauges. Even Edge Products has limitations too for boost being the ECM can only reach so far. Stock sensors are not very accurate above 25 PSI or so. I notice this on my truck and it start to climb past 25 PSI the Quadzilla is rising faster than the boost gauge. This is why I don't even bother to display boost pressure on the Quadzilla.

I trust these more so than the Quadzilla. Actually designed for much high pressures and accurate as well. Quadzilla gauges are fine for newbie just plugging in a tuner for the first time, True long haul or performance guy would have to consider gauges outside the ECM control to reach high boost pressures that are accurate.

DSCF6424.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
12 hours ago, LorenS said:

is there a write-up on your sensor mount? Interested in the fittings required, how assembled to prevent spinning, etc

Eric at Vulcan Performance built that for me. Now what it is basically a piece of scrap angle iron. Now find double female 1/8" NPT bushing. measure the OD of the coupler and drill just a bit smaller so you can press coupler in place. Eric tack welded it in place. All I did was hook to the bottom with 1/8" air brake line on 1/8" NPT push to Connector fittings (PTC). The screwed the sensor on top. 

Better view of it.

DSCF6424.JPG

• Thanks 1