• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally drove the old goat home today.

After testing the theory of the injector feeder tubes holes being off by a few degrees we were able to see that this was most likely the case.

The same uneven scoring on the tips happened when using one of the tubes from the front on a cylinder on the back of the block.

From here we ordered a new head and within 2 weeks the truck was up and running.

So lesson learned, if you buy a new head not only check the vales and all of that fun stuff but also dry fit the injectors and feeder tubes before putting it on the truck.

I want to thank everyone on here for your input and suggestions throughout this post.

• Like 2

When testing the back 3 cylinders we set the injectors then tightened the feeder tubes then tightened the injectors down.

The first test showed the seating was off so the shop got a thicker washer for the injector and that still did not help.

At that point I did not want to take the risk of putting the head back on it since it was out of warranty so I decided to just go with a new one that way if there is an issue we can warranty it and they pay for the extra labor.

After all of this though it has made me more aware when doing anything with the injectors again.