• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Honda 2200 w generator and Dometic 1350 btu Brisk 2 air conditioner

Okay so old camper new truck time  New truck hopefully means we can travel south out of Alaska say the beginning of October and be back like before Thanksgiving. Have grand kids etc have to be here for the holidays but it’s still a 6 week window. And we can’t be gone in the summer  time Alaska is to nice in the summer  so we need a ac in the old camper.  Have a 14x14 inch hole with vent in roof and its wired for ac but didn’t really need one here ever. So a Honda  2200 watt with a Micro Air Easy start  and a Dometic Brisk 2 in the roof. What Honda to buy the one with two 15 amp plugs or the one with one 15 amp and one 30 amp.  I may have to plug in to a koa or something and not run the Honda . Also I want this Honda for my house.   I have a double throw can run my hot water  heat pump 1/2 horse and extension cords into the house for lights tv freezers etc   We have natural gas heat so I would like to put a hutch mountain natural gas propane gasoline conversion on it. I keep 20 gallons of gas  5 bottles propane on hand  spare diesel fuel for winter earthquakes etc power outages. My old Honda 2000 is now 22 years old and has served me well still starts good and runs fine but it’s got lots of hours one it has been running outside in all kinds of nasty weather so 2-15 amp plugs or a 15 amp and a 30 amp that’s the question.  The Brisk pulls 13.2 amps running  

• Staff

I would get the one you find a better deal on. 

The advantage to the standard model, dual 15a plugs, is that it also has a DC output and is usually cheaper. 

I was going to get the standard model, but scored a new in box Companion model for $750 last summer.

Have you looked at the smaller A/C’s? The Coleman 9K BTU might be a better unit for a smaller slide in. 

Edited by AH64ID

That was a good deal you got on the companion.  We don’t get those kind of deals here.  I walked by a new companion this spring at sportsman’s wharehouse. Called my buddy in Las Vegas who has a cabin in main bay by Cordova and it cost him just shy of 1100$ to get it and he was happy to have it. Supply and demand and the virus etc.  so they make mainly two kinds now 2200  w eu   One is standard two plug and dc and one is got Bluetooth and a co2 sensor for exhaust confinement.  No dc charger.  Bluetooth would be nice to shut it off remote etc. I expect to pay 1200$  Never ever used the dc charger on my old 2000  w in 20 some years.  Your very right the 1350 btu is way to big more than I need.  Coleman polar cub 9200 seems about right. I will use the old 2000 w up on the slide in and new truck and keep the new one at home.  I’m putting a Hutch Mountain natural gas/ propane unit on it so when we have power outages earthquakes I can access three fuel sources . I will have a fitting on my gas meter and hose and regulator . Also I have 5 20 lbs propane bottles and keep 20-25 gallons of gas  the car and truck full of fuel etc. when we had our earthquake a couple years ago the gas stations were full and you couldnt get in and kept running out .  Two freezers mostly full.  I have a plan and trying to teach my two step sons  thru example to be ready in life is the best way   I have a plan thanks 

• Like 1

• Staff

Since you're keeping the old 2000w you will be able to parallel them as long as one is a companion model and your 2000w one falls into the following serial number range. 

The EU2200i are only compatible with EU2000i or EU2000i Companion models within a specific serial number range:

EAAJ-2017305 through EAAJ-9999999

EACT-1000001 through EACT-9999999

Yes I checked this some time ago.  Mine was not in that range so no joy there.  

I think the first Honda gen was a 1000 w about 1998. 2000 w in something like 1999 and mine is a 2000 year bought spring 2001. It’s been a good unit always starts good. Been outside in some horrible bad weather.  Froze to the gound in the morning.  Had to boil water on the stove to get it loose.

I dropped it one  time in the garage changing oil.  Slippery Hands broke the bottom corner off.  Kept several freezers full of meat  fish caribou moose etc good in a four five day power outage in the culdy sac.  I strapped it on my Honda 4 w and moved it around the hood as needed. It ran the whole time just turn off more gas.  Several of my neighbors bought one after that event.it’s a very necessary thing to have around 

Went the money today  Honda 2200 e Bluetooth  brand new put 14 ounces of 10-30 Honda oil in it.  Some brand new out of the pump premium gas.  Opened the gas cap choke on eco off. Pulled the rope briskly.  About 1/2 thru the first  pull it was purring like a kitten. That’s why you spend the money and buy a Honda.  Used my 1500 w  electric heater to break it in.  Load and unload. Burned half a tank. Fresh gas with stabil it’s ready to go  pulled that stupid white fuel strainer out and threw it away. Also that thing so you don’t lose the cap. Might take a sharp knife and cut that stupid rubber magnetic flap on the two 3 prong plugs off . Good idea but highly in the way.  Time will tell   It will set in the corner of the garage with a black water proof cover on it. It’s my house gen.  Also ordered a Hutch Mountain tri fuel kit.  Natural gas propane gasoline  . It will be installed etc tested and put away   5  20 lbs propane’s in the garage. 20 gallons outside by the door and the natural gas meter with hose connections around the corner I will be ready for my 33 winter in alaska  earthquakes power outages ice storms I’m almost  ready again warm dry and fed.  That’s the ticket 

It’s like a insurance policy.  Hope you don’t really need it but happy to have it if you do.  Money in the bank to me.  

• Like 1

• Owner

I'm up here in west central Idaho with the same kind of weather with super cold winter (low as -40*F), power outages, floods, etc. I do have a generator (6,500w Harbor Freight). The house is completely power off of 4kw 120VAC inverter. Is so rare for me to pull the generator out because I've got solar and hydro power (summer only on the hydro). Even in my case I have a small list of thing I can't power. Stove, Oven, Drier, and HVAC system of the house. I do have wood heat as a fall back. 99% of the time the inverter handle the entire house. This system provide my power even for my well pump. I can be without city power for DAYS or WEEKS on bad storms.  Like the 1996/1997 Flood here I was powered on just 4kw generator for over 21 days. It was to the point of hunting for abandon vehicles and siphon fuel for the tanks to just keep the generator going.  My system no longer depend on fuel at all. I have eight 6V batteries with total Amp hours of 820 amp hours in a 24V layout with 2 banks. 

DSCF2056.JPG

As I type this is the house load right now on the system. Flickering 3 to 4 AC Amps 120VAC. Totally quiet power system...

20210824_065441.jpg

Even my RV is solar powered. Smaller set up with 40w panels and a 1,200 watt inverter again just Harbor Freight solar panels and Harbor freight inverter. I've spent many of night out in the RV with the inverter running all night with watch a movies, etc. My solar panel fit under my bed and store good there. Very awesome ot go camping and not have to pack any fuel at all and no going out and starting a generator or anything. Just peace and quiet for hours on end. This I'll upgrade to two 6V batteries in the near future. 

DSCF3003.JPG

DSCF3004.JPG

• Owner

The difference is my power generation is 24V solar panels on the house and the RV is 12V generation. Just route the DC power now to battery bank of some sort. Then your Inverter converters from DC power to AC household power. All done silently and without any fuels. 

I've always planed for times where weather or road travel is impossible. Plenty of food in the pantry, couple of 55 gallon barrels of fuel gasoline and diesel. Fuel is only for the vehicles typically now that I don't own a gasoline vehicle the only thing I would use gas for now is ATV, generator, lawn mower or the wood splitter.

My setup with my power is also city power too. This gives me other options of selling power back that I generate, I can limit my city usage to a max amperage, or I can just turn the city power off. There is a few other bonuses. Like I do not require any surge protector, Why? It was required for Idaho code to have a lightning suppressor to be installed. Not to mention the inverter will drop any power that is dirty. If the power cycles +/- 2 Hz it will drop. If the voltage falls out of my set range it will drop city power. Also the inverter requires to match cycles before hooking to city power. I've got full overheat protection, over current protection, frequency protection, and voltage protection.  

Solar Power DC -> Battery Bank -> Inverter -> House

Optional ways...

Pelton Wheel -> Battery Bank -> Inverter -> House

Windmill -> Battery Bank -> Inverter -> House

You might want to watch the show Homestead Rescuers on Discovery Channel. Lots of good ideas and way of making your place ready.