• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just a question.When you disconnected the edge did you unplug the signal wires? I think mine (01) has 3 wires that comes out of the factory dodge harness.So there should be 3 places to remove:On the injection pump,boost/map,and signal.Thats what i have to do to completly remove the edge.Is your 02 the same? Now i dont know how much of a difference it would make if you diddnt unplug the signal wires....just trying to help.

I only took the box off thats all

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a little update on whats going on now Edge box is out to Edge they will check it out and update it if needed FREE truck drives like crap so I stopped driving it till I get the box back and a word from Edge on the box if it comes back and problem still the same new sensor will be installed

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the sensor changed and I still have the same problem with no codes now and both P's are done and clear :cry:It feels like a clutch kick in a manual truck only around 40-43 miles per hour and right before overdrive kicks in transmission does not throw codes ?

Typically they always show a code when there bad... P0121, P0122, or P0123... That's why I suggested checking the alternator too... Because the alter AC noise will cause this too... Bad grounds on the passenger side battery...

you know what now that you said that this morning the truck didn't wanna start till I jumped it from the wife's truck I didn't pay much attention because the batteries is still under warranty and the Zone will replace both once I get a chance to pull them out I will have them check the alternator as well while I am at it

Did the diodes check out good too? :shrug:

yep diode good alternator putting out what it should put out, I had it checked by an alternator and starter rebuild shop by me here I came across something a couple of years back on the dodge diesel forums about wiring in the same harness that run on the firewall interfering with trans signal ? someone opened up the harness and shielded some wires with tape ? :shrug::spend: :spend: :cry:

yep diode good alternator putting out what it should put out, I had it checked by an alternator and starter rebuild shop by me here I came across something a couple of years back on the dodge diesel forums about wiring in the same harness that run on the firewall interfering with trans signal ? someone opened up the harness and shielded some wires with tape ? :shrug::spend: :spend: :cry:

Haven';t heard of that one. Have heard of "noise" comming from the alternator impacting shift points and tranny - so tape there. I'm kinda confused where your at ? So you replaced MAP as well as edge harness and you now get no boost codes ..... but you still get a large dump of smoke and hesitation at around 40 mph ?? :shrug:

Haven';t heard of that one. Have heard of "noise" comming from the alternator impacting shift points and tranny - so tape there. I'm kinda confused where your at ? So you replaced MAP as well as edge harness and you now get no boost codes ..... but you still get a large dump of smoke and hesitation at around 40 mph ?? :shrug:

to sum what I am getting its a clutch kick feel at 40mph only if the skinny pedal is at maybe 1/4 or at most 1/3 more and it wont feel like a clutch kick it just shifts in OD with no problem I am going to the trans shop next :spend::spend: Remind me next dodge I buy must be a standard shift :thumbup2:

are the cables ..like cruise control and t.v. cable freed up?not binding up..t.v. cable adjusted properly?maybe put a little 3 in 1 oil on the cables that are underneath the black housing where the apps is located.:thumbup2:

--- Update to the previous post...

i have an edge juice w/att on my '01 and it came with that adapter for the '02's.............i dont need it if someone needs it..just sitting in a baggie.:thumbup2:

• Owner

Explain the diode thing for JohnFak... What happen is a diaode in the alternator will fail and short. Then when the vehicle is running you'll have a hopping AC waveform on the DC +12V signal now the freqency will change with RPM's so now at the point of 40-50 MPH the frequency drives the PCM nuts and causes this weird TQ converter lock/unlock. Then as the RPM increase more the frequency gets so high is just smooth and the PCM can't see it no longer... This is why the tin foil the alternator lead and noise filters on the APPS line are installed normally because a diode in the alternator failed... I look at it this way the truck ran normally without aids of wiring changes for many year and now a problem with lock up occurs... Adding a wiring mod or filters isn't the answer but finding the actual cause is...

• Like 1