• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Injector knock/ping, 3rd set!

Idk why I can't upload videos, I kept them short well under the max 137 mb or what ever it is. One was only 70mb and it kicked error code 200? 

I guess just be clear if not already know, I'm not looking to/for smoke lol. I just know I should have it with the setup, nature of the beast, now with the quad when all is straightened out I can hopefully clean it up some. 

"Smoke" has got a bad rap or stigma to it with all the younger kids etc...

7 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Smoke will come with wire tap trust me lol. Lets get injectors figured out first then go from there

Agreed. I called DAP today and asked for guy Mitchell but he left for the day. Hopefully tomorrow. They should do another warranty and I guess I'll just have them make a set of 6x16 or 6x18 or step into that 7 hole realm?

6 holes for power, 7 for a bit better drive quality.

I know you have the raport with Mitchell, but might be worth a second opinion.. or a 3rd.

(Anonymity be damned, its weird seeing my name [Mitchell] not in reference towards me)

Upload the vids to YouTube then find the share button and copy the link. You might have run out of the max total size, look in the bottom corner of the post box below add files.

@Mopar1973Man, is the upload size a cumulative thing? Meaning never resets over the life of a members' account? 

It will upload this

Screenshot_20211110-175449_DuckDuckGo.jpg.e0495f3801c9fa919b3783295eeae600.jpg

but not a 70mb video well under the limit. Idk, I don't have internet where I live (no one offers it) so I depend on the Ole cellphone and boy does it take awhile to upload to youtube. Can be done though. 😊

If you guys would like some more  videos of it running etc I can do that just let me know. I'd post the data log but I can't do that either lol, see other post*.

If you have a gmail account, you can make a google drive account, should be able to upload to that then post a copy on here.

Are you that remote? When was the last time you looked? You could look into Starlink.. satellite internet provided by Elon Musk.. dont know how far the roll out is though..

Sorry younger mind (pushy on the internet) and my new england home sometimes makes me forget that some places are miles between houses not just town centers.. 

Yea, I looked at starlink but the deposit plus waiting to see if I can actually get it kinda scares me. I keep looking and trying but nothing yet. They stopped the local high speed fiber 1 mile south of me and the guys north of me stopped about 5 miles north of me. Kinda in between which sucks... yup I'm not in the city by no means.

I have a Gmail account/drive is it better to upload there instead? Or easier I guess? 

You have to upload the data log to drive first then save then you can open it. Google sheets has no problem opening csv files.

When you hit export under datalog in quadzilla, you should get a small window popup from the bottom of the screen, select google drive. Wait for the upload then go to google drive and in the main area you should have an iQuad-year-month-day-time then gobbly ****.csv

Looks like this: iQuad-2020-08-23-04.38.339126138237330930548.csv

Open with google sheets and go from there.

I use it because its the easiest option for me and easiest to make graphs with across devices.. dont have excel at home(laptop) or on my phone.. 

Sucks on the fiber being all of a mile away.. used to get no cell signal at my house from anyone but at&t for many years (only about 5 years ago did verizon get put in), so i understand the feeling..

8 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

6x13 or 7x13? 

Not going against DAP, but I'd go with what the manufacturer of the part specifically mentions.. 

For the digging I did, it seems that monster pumps, lightning pumps, and dragon flows all add some amount of timing, and they increase the pressure and flow. Specifics to the above are about as easy to find as a live hippogriff..

The pumps need the extra volume from the lines, connector tubes, and injectors to flow the added volume needed in the short amount of time the distributor rotor is open to that line. If the pump cant move the fuel through the injector holes fast enough, it can cause damage to the vp44 itself. Think trying to squeeze water out of a bottle with a 1/32 hole vs a 1/8 hole both are gonna have resistance but the 1/8 hole is gonna release the pressure faster and flow more per stroke.

I wish jlbayes was on here still. Tfaoro too. Both of them were heavy on the performance side, Jlbayes more so than tfaoro. Jlbayes might have been able to explain a bit better..

What you mentioned here about the upgraded pumps caught my attention... The video he posted sounds how my truck sounds and I wasn't sure if it was a miss. Should his truck not be sounding how it did in that video because if so, I must have a problem too. Doesn't do that on the freeway under regular (unloaded) load. She just purrs unless I'm holding her at an elevated RPM in neutral. 

I also notice the truck seems to run smoother upon initial startup, no matter the temp (40 degrees lowest so far this year) and when I get back from wherever I was and I'm letting her cool off, I feel she runs a bit rougher and there's much more vibration. All worries me and idk what to do.

@YeaImDylan, no his truck shouldn't sound like that. 

How old are your injectors? and whos hotrod vp44?

the warm rough starts lean towards vp44.

what is the engine load on the Quadzilla? 

@Stanley, has DAP told you what killed the injectors or what was wrong with them?

Before doing all that, try removing all cruise timing and then do the neutral rev. Really high timing adds a stumble to the motor with no load. Have to run it that way (no cruise timing) for launching at sled pulls. 

Edited by Silverwolf2691

10 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

@YeaImDylan, no his truck shouldn't sound like that. 

How old are your injectors? and whos hotrod vp44?

the warm rough starts lean towards vp44.

what is the engine load on the Quadzilla? 

Injectors when I swapped with a guy had receipts and they're probably less than a year and a half. They're 125hp injectors. As for the hotrod vp44, I have no clue who made it. I don't have a receipt from previous owner. Can I check anywhere on the VP to find out?

I meant she just runs rougher it seems when warm and up to temp, the rough start I occasionally have I believe is from an electrical issue/grounding issue because a lot of the time my radio doesn't power on when that occurs. Plus, I only have one battery on it and idk what the hell the P/O did with the grounds for the other battery (If there were any). I want to put another battery in but I'm worried to do it without getting a brand new one to replace the current battery and if I'm doing both, it's gonna cost a bit more obviously lol.

Engine load when? at idle? elevated RPM at idle? Let me know and I'll get back to you tomorrow when I head out to run errands.

8 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

has DAP told you what killed the injectors or what was wrong with them?

No they didn't but I'll ask tomorrow. Which one is cruise timing the light throttle timing advance? People call them different names I'm seeing 

Edit: figured that out, lol.

Pulling that cruise timing off this morning and drive in to work.

Edited by Stanley

10 hours ago, YeaImDylan said:

Can I check anywhere on the VP to find out?

unfortunately no, same issue with @Stanley's dragon flow.. 

Plus, I only have one battery on it and idk what the hell the P/O did with the grounds for the other battery (If there were any). I want to put another battery in but I'm worried to do it without getting a brand new one to replace the current battery and if I'm doing both, it's gonna cost a bit more obviously lol.

there should be grounds to the passenger battery, and new and old batteries aren't good mixed, old battery will tend to shorten the life of the new battery. cost a bit more is right, almost $400 where I live for the pair at my local advance auto.

Engine load when? at idle? elevated RPM at idle? Let me know and I'll get back to you tomorrow when I head out to run errands.

idle. anything below 7 is eh. below 5 is start saving, below 3 they are shot, if its 0 your idle should be starting to rise.. replace them asap. rough guidelines, if you have custom pop pressures that throws this off slightly too.

1 hour ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

unfortunately no, same issue with @Stanley's dragon flow.. 

there should be grounds to the passenger battery, and new and old batteries aren't good mixed, old battery will tend to shorten the life of the new battery. cost a bit more is right, almost $400 where I live for the pair at my local advance auto.

idle. anything below 7 is eh. below 5 is start saving, below 3 they are shot, if its 0 your idle should be starting to rise.. replace them asap. rough guidelines, if you have custom pop pressures that throws this off slightly too.

Ugh, 400 for batteries and I need at least one new cable, and a set of these cables are like $300 :rolleyes: I'll be heading over to my buddies in a bit to replace my vacuum pump and change the oil. I'll reply back later about the engine load at idle. I've thought of getting these injectors tested but that means the truck is down for that time.. I've done a little research into the Hot rod vp's and some say they can cause a rough idle. 

Just started it up, bout 60 degrees outside and it’s running pretty smooth I feel. Engine load is hovering between 8 and 9, was at 12 at initial startup. Will post back after I go drive to IHOP and she’s warm in the parking lot idling.

So when at operating temp at idle and all that, it’s bouncing between 5 and 6 and hitting the occasional 4 as well.

Edited by YeaImDylan

Update: 

Well after a long talk with Mitchell and me being very indecisive! We settled on jumping back up in size to ( 7x15's ) comparable to my 6x18's I had originally. Gonna break trying that 7 hole out, see what it does to... Hopefully he sent them yesterday and I'll get them today. 

Side note: dropping that cruise timing to 0* I think helped out. 

I might try getting a hold of Industrial Injection and see if they will provide timing spec for the dragon flow...

• Owner
On 11/10/2021 at 4:35 PM, Silverwolf2691 said:

@Mopar1973Man, is the upload size a cumulative thing? Meaning never resets over the life of a members' account? 

Not too hijack... :hijack:

I had to do something about the size of files and the amount each member could upload. So all paying members get 100 MB worth of storage. Just figure that 10,000 members getting 100 MB a piece to use as they wish. Do the math. I would need to provide 1 TB worth of space even for 10,000 members at 100 MB of storage apiece. I've only got a 140 GB hard drive on the server and we are currently at 79 GB. This is only costing roughly $1,400 a year just the server. If I need to upgrade to a bigger hard drive of course the price goes up. 

If you wanna discuss this further give me a PM and we'll work it out. :thumbup2:

Carry on...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Well the 7x15's are installed. I set quad to 0-off. Will drive and see what happens in a bit. I need to figure out what I'm missing on this W-T mod... got a thread open in it. 

Will data logging with everything off-stock show what timing is doing ? Maybe it will help?