• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cleaning and reusing injector lines

Everything is installed and truck is running. Way different truck power wise, feels stock:violin:

Quad is on Zero-0, I need to find out where to run this thing at with those 6x13's. Looking for a really peppy DD. 

Generous ideas? :wink:

Still surprisingly there isn't really any smoke with these 6x13, I imagined before it all got here that it would be too smokey especially without quad input. Seems strange. 

Gonna take the first trip to work tomorrow, Check everything out on a longer drive, check for tank pressure too...:pray:

Kinda hard to follow for me but I got the drift, I really still do feel retarded trying to tune this quad :lmao:

Here's what I got, idk if some of the stuff is correct, whatever was there previously I left. I won't be using a TAP now so I don't have to worry about that stuff yet. 

Screenshot_20211208-210751_iQuad.jpg.2b0d87089fdf478a661a54d1a8fabd8d.jpgScreenshot_20211208-210815_iQuad.jpg.8eb5fcad5f8545313a81eebbb72d0eaa.jpgScreenshot_20211208-210836_iQuad.jpg.178ecbc1dd0d4eddbe2398a9ecf275e6.jpg

My oh my, this truck is doggy. Such a huge difference in power - crazy. I used to have boost while driving around 7 psi on the hwy, now maybe 1 psi, and it doesnt spool at all - I goosed it and only got maybe 30 psi

I moved the suggested timing from @Mopar1973Man down 1* and it seemed to help, but there should alot more we can do to improve, Im not sure on the other parameters. Truck is also really sluggish/doggy starting out. 

And for the life of me I just dont understand why there is NO smoke tuned or not tuned...

I should say it more but Thank all of you for your help on this crazy adventure!

• Owner

If you see smoke your typically too advanced and too heavy in fuel. Remember without wiretap the Quadzilla is only 60 HP tuner. If you had the wire tap I'd have it setup to ramp at the start of the rise from 100% CanBus. That being said I can build more power yet.

If you want smoke turn all the CanBus to 150%.

34 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you want smoke turn all the CanBus to 150%.

As I have mentioned before, I just wanted to clarify I'm not looking for smoke I just know that's the by product of higher Hp goodies etc, and we use the quad to clean it up and make all that fuel more usable. Im just simply concerned that its not smokey/smoking what have you with or without a tune- this being that I have 6x13's, low boost numbers to add and my egts need to get in check!

Even it being a 60hp tuner and the timing change availability, one would think 325hp injectors and a 64/71/14 turbo would have a little spunk to say the least.  Am I incorrect on assuming this? 

I guess its worth mentioning that these injectors are from one of the sets I previously tried with the other pump, I returned the others and the 7x15's and kept a set of the 6x13's to use with the sovp, hopefully they aren't bad from that previous use on that pump? 

The cam cleans up a lot, gotta remember that. It also moves your power band up..

My truck likes a lot of timing retard to get moving.. im down at 11 in the 1500 range. And i run 5 low timing at 100% for scaling. Then i go up by 4.5 each slider. But i have an ho pump.. try starting at 13 then go up 4.5? 

Just me doodling around, how's this? 

I swear until I actually sit down with someone and go over this crap I'll never get it....

20211209_204729.jpg.58a9837fdb7ae0d0e86ad4b9c8e34439.jpg20211209_204738.jpg.0576f255dc9ac6dbbe5a78863b062aee.jpg20211209_204758.jpg.68e56915383ef63700aeef97024fc5c7.jpg

Hell, someone just come down and visit help this dummy figure it out, Ill get the hotel for ya and well have a merry ole time playing trucks.