• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Track bar install DOR

So.. my truck has been down about a month now waiting on this new track bar. I get it in and get to installing it this am and I'm freaking the **** out right now.. does anyone have one and have pictures of it installed? Am I supposed to drill anything? This thing came with no instructions and the install docs on the website don't open and the video they have is highly unhelpful besides adding review content. I have a bolt that doesn't fit in any hole on the bracket and it doesn't even feel like it lines up (maybe 1/4" off after putting in the ball joint bolt with sleeve.

• Owner

Hang in there I'm sure there is a few people around that have installed this kit. Me personally, I've never had a need for it since I kept the geometry of the front axle in check from the start. The only thing I can suggest is Monday morning contact DOR and see if they can send the PDF file of the install to you. 

• Like 1

is this the conversion bar to bushes both ends with the bracket that bolts on the drivers side frame

If so I fitted one on my truck and IIRC it was a straight forward job, biggest problem was getting the bolt out of the passenger side bush, It was siezed so I drilled it out, think I posted on here about the job somewhere

I didn't have instructions as I bought the bracket maybe 8 years ago for my 3500 but never got around to using it, If there was instructions I don't remember where they went, I then bought a stock Gen3 (I think) bar just before I fitted it onto my 2500.

If this is the type of bar you are fitting I can go look at mine no problem and get some pictures

I decided to fit it as shipping the stock bar over to the UK from Rockauto is expensive, at least now I got rid of the ball joint so only bushes to change from now on.... much cheaper to ship

Opens for me straight away, have you got Adobe ?? or another PDF viewer

DOR2GTB.pdf

Just read the instructions and on this bracket you do have to redrill a 9/16th hole in the crossmember under the engine go all the way through and then use the  9/16th x 3 bolt

When i installed my track bar there were 3 things to drill out. Two are the engine crossmember horizontally with bushings. Need to drill out with a hole saw.. then there is a vertical one in the cross member as well. 

I installed mine 5 yrs ago though, don't know if they updated the design

Edited by Silverwolf2691