• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My 2000 1Tn, 4wd, auto with 340K just started giving me the above engine code.  Looking it up, it stands for TURBOCHARGER BYPASS VALVE OPEN.  Does anyone have experience addressing this problem?  Where do I start to identify where the problem is? (Please don't say "Turbocharger" :lmao:)  Is this likely a minor problem (adjustment or small part replacement) or is this likely a major problem (replacement of the turbo)?  What are the driving symptoms of this problem code?  The truck starts and seems to drive OK even with this check engine light on. (I am not getting any other stored OBDII  codes.)  Any help on how to address the problem would be appreciated.

To Moparman1973 as I know that you read all the posts:  My name and address does not seem to appear on the Members map in any form.  Is there a reason for that?  You can reply via "Messages" if you prefer.  Thanks.

If you do a internet search it brings up P1287 DODGE - Fuel Injection Pump Controller Supply Voltage Low Condition

here in articles

P1287 VP44 Injection Pump Controller Supply Voltage Low - OBDII Error Codes - Mopar1973Man's Dodge Cummins Forum 

not sure why but it didn't paste as a link

seems that if I disable paste as a link it does paste as a link microsoft rubbish

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now you might understand why I bailed out of Microsoft PCs and went to the Dark Side with Ubuntu & CentOS Linux... :linux: 

I did use Ubuntu for a while on a desktop quite a few years ago now, actually dual boot with Xp prof, daren't try it on this laptop as it has a lot of mobile plant diagnostic software on it 

• Like 1