• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Copper Extreme Duty Battery Terminals for Jeep Wrangler

My battery post are on the verge of breaking and trying to avoid the expense of new cables. If you do a search for these it comes up with like three connections on each terminal. If someone wouldnt mind checking these out? I tried to get a pic to post but I'm not good at that at all.

I did this a while back. The military style are the way to go. I soldered my lugs on, but have since bought a hydraulic crimper that I’ve used for other things. I am in the minority on this, but there’s an old dude here in town that I trust and he swears a cold weld (high pressure crimp in this case) is superior. I think the crimper I got was like $50 at harbor freight. 

Crimped ( Hexagon controlled cycle -- compression style) is the way to go.  Also use sealant lined battery cable heat shrink tube to seal fitting to cable and closed end/tinned battery lugs for best results.  Been doing it this way for 40+ years.

• Like 2

Here's what I do

always use battery terminals with bolts to tighten the terminal onto the post, then use what you call lugs, I tin the cable end with solder, crimp on the lug with a 2ft set of cable crimps then heat the whole lot to solder the lug to the cable then heat shrink tubing ( which I've already slid onto the cable BTW)