• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

After I rebuilt my engine I lost the puke bottle and just left it off. I have what appears to be several little oil leaks under the engine and front axle and differential is wet also. Can the hose coming out of the crankcase be dripping enough that it blows everywhere and causes several leaks or could I have several leaks? Everything looks dry along the valve cover, head, and block.

I just removed the bottle and added about 10 feet of hose to the existing hose and ran it back through the frame rail and came out just in front of the fuel tank so it hangs just a bit. Maybe a drip or two from the end of the hose on hard use days where it gets parked but not too often.

my truck is pretty nasty from the puke bottle. anyone who looks at it tells my front seal has to be leaking. while my truck was parked in a garage for about 5 months ther were only 2 small spots i cleaned up with a paper towel. i change my oil every 8 to 10k and never have to add any oil between changes.

• 3 months later...
  • Owner

Thanx for the info.....I'm hoping to get started on it and stop the oil spills on my driveway

I just removed the bottle and added about 10 feet of hose to the existing hose and ran it back through the frame rail and came out just in front of the fuel tank so it hangs just a bit. Maybe a drip or two from the end of the hose on hard use days where it gets parked but not too often.

Like W&F mention about the few drops now and then I also get to... Especially if I been towing heavy... So it's not going to absolutely fix it but it will help.

Just because of this post I desided to do some changes to the write up to help aid people and there question on how to build them... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/personal/2002/crankcase-vent/crankcase-vent.htm

Your new write-up looks great. This is one of the best mods I've done. Easy to install, inexpensive and fixes both problems with the puke bottle.
  • Like 1

The Puke bottle was MIA on my 01 when I bought it simply had an extension hose that is zip tied to the Sway bar. Very seldom have a drip. Currently working on getting the bottom half of the engine clean. Go to the local want wash run about 10 minutes of time get home then see what I missed!:banghead::)

I have some extra exhaust tube and i like to weld.If you guys want i will make them.You can have them free.You will have to pay shipping.Just let me know.I can make 3 or 4 of them,maybe more.I can build them however you want as far as mounting.Just let me know.This is ONLY for people on THIS site.You guys help me out and it is my way of saying thank you.I can take orders now and start building them first thing in march.

Posted Image

Posted Image