• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Beast got new injector body o-rings

• Owner

Back when I last blew the head gasket. I sent the head in to be cleaned, checked, and surfaced again. When I got the back and installed my +150 HP injectors quite literally fell in the holes. The body o-ring was a bit small sides from the dirt or after cleaning up the head. I just finished up installing the injectors and hope for the best. Nevertheless, the o-rings create a prime loss problem every morning hard start, and white smoke even with block heater and grid heater. Nose down starts easy. I ordered a new set of o-rings then proceeded to lose the o-ring in Thor for 2 months. :doh: Then I found them again and hid them in Beast. So last Thursday I took the time to change the o-rings. I will say I was running that hot at some point the rubber was rather solid and not very flexible. Change all 6 o-rings in just under 1 hour. Didn't even bother with cracking 1, 3, and 4. Just fired it up rather easily. No fuel leaking on the manifold and stopped the air leak at the injector bodies. 

I've known I've had these injectors for quite some time now and my engine load at idle is slowly slipping away I'm now between 5 to 7% engine load at fully warm compared to brand new at 13%. I'm about half-life on the pop pressure yet but I'll be looking forward to getting rebuilt soon. I'm kind of itchy for the springtime warmth to return then I can get on to verifying my current tune and them building a towing tune so I can tow my RV down and catch up with @JAG1 and @IBMobile this spring.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

Last time you didn't show IBMobile put a note in my truck when I was off dirt fishing said,'' Thanks for getting my hopes up and then he not show''! He put fish guts all over my floor mat. Don't know what he'll do this time... anyway he blames me for your trans going out. That's how irrational he is about it. :lol3:

• Haha 1

• Owner

Just as you two see I'm working towards getting rolling by May for camp. I've got some RV repairs to do a well but now I'm slowed down with the snow again. Yup it just dropped another 2 to 3 inches last night. Making it wet and muddy to lay under the RV to do belly repairs. Still need to repair the tank cover I lost 2 years ago coming back from AZ.