• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Finally on our way to Florida!

• Staff

We got the SUV packed up with all our luggage, there are 6 of us riding in the car together. Myself and wife, my son and his wife and my you gest daughter and her boyfriend. Taking 3 motorcycles with us to ride around Florida but the big trip will be on the bikes down highway 1through the keys ending in Key West.Resized_20220520_125257.jpg.1a57d03d519ed7414c52d695d40a0eec.jpg

We headed out about 1pm on Friday. As of this post we are still driving  we are presently about 110 miles from our rental house. 

We had a slight setback in ohio about 3 hours down the road when my motorcycle tipped o er a bit. No damage thanks to the wheel chocks I insisted we all get and bolt to the trailer deck. 

It seems that one strap on the rear of my bike was rubbing the tip of the exhaust and the metal eventually cut through it causing the problem. New strap in place, without the contact this time and we were on our way again.

I'll post more once we get to the house.

Oh, almost forgot. An update on the trailer. This is the same trailer I was discussing in another thread about bearings.

All tires have been replaced within the past 1.5 years. No dry rot. I repacked the hubs before the trip. Found a bad bearing and race. Replaced inner and outer bearings and races along with the seal.

I have checked the hubs for heat using my hand, tires too. So far no issues. Yesterday it was 90° and the hubs were warm but you could keep your hand on them. Tires were warm but same thing.

So far I've been impressed with this little home built trailer. It started life as a camper sometime back in the late 60's and now serves as a flatbed. The 2 3500# axles give it a decent capacity.

Just thought I'd add that little side note about the trailer 

• Staff

Kinda cool, we have a bunch of the little lizards running around and a couple of iguanas living in the trees.

We also stopped at a local restaurant for a quick bite. Not impressed, $16.50 for a standard cheeseburger. 

20220521_160648.jpg

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Dude that's better than Mono Village. Nice place. You need to look up a few members in Florida and see if you can meet some of the gang.

I just might do that......

• Like 1

• Staff

Wad a good day today. Sat at a nice little bar on Hollywood Beach and had a couple drinking before walking up and down the Broadwalk. Then we decided to rent a 4 person pedal bicycle. Looks like a buggy, 2 people side by side front and back. 

20220522_174205.jpg

This was my view from the bar. You can see my bike in the foreground. 

Made a new friend today too. This is Lucy, a lady was walking around with her and she took a liking to me. 

20220522_181345.jpg

All in all a great day. Looking forward to tomorrow. We're riding down to the keys ending in key west. Should be a good day!

• Like 2

• Staff

So we made it to key west on Monday. It was a long ride, took a while from Fort lauderdale. About a 4.5 hour trip if tou run straight down.

20220523_191937.jpg

Me and the wife at the southern most marker. 

Also had to visit Hogs Breath Saloon for a drink or two. And did a little shopping while down there too.

20220523_173748.jpg

And of course we had to shop at the southern most Harley Davidson dealer while in town.

20220523_164605.jpg

It was a long day. We left Fort Lauderdale about 8:30am. We finally got back at 1:30am. My butt was sore, arms hurt and sunburnt. Got caught in a few good florida downpours on the way back too. 

Tuesday we spent the entire day at the house to recoup. The wife and I both were whooped. 

Today we all kind of went and did our own thing. The wife and I visited Alligator Alley Harley Davidson in Fort Lauderdale.  Nice big dealership. Bought a couple more shirts and a handful of the poker chips. 

20220525_104822.jpg

20220525_104638.jpg

20220525_104918.jpg

Then we went on a boat tour through the million dollar home on the canal. Huge superyachts everywhere. 

20220525_153147.jpg

20220525_121307.jpg

And million dollar homes.

20220525_144805.jpg

20220525_154706.jpg

The tour guide said the cheapest homes here sell for a bit over 5 mil. The more expensive ones are hitting 45 mil or more. 

Edited by Doubletrouble
  • Like 2

• Staff

It's very cool that you share this with others here because like myself I doubt that I would ever be able to go see Florida. Thank you much @Doubletrouble:thumb1:

Also I like how you pretend  not one of those Mega Yachts could ever be yours. Yeah right! I blew up the pic and saw the name of the boat 'Tripletrouble' :lmao:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Staff
5 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

It's very cool that you share this with others here because like myself I doubt that I would ever be able to go see Florida. Thank you much @Doubletrouble:thumb1:

Also I like how you pretend  not one of those Mega Yachts could ever be yours. Yeah right! I blew up the pic and saw the name of the boat 'Tripletrouble' :lmao:

Don't give away my secrets! Lmao

If I had money like that I still wouldn't have one. I would however have one hell of a second gen dodge cummins!

• Haha 2

• Staff

Lol, we have a few. And t-shirts and pictures. 

We rode a total of 500 miles on the bikes (at least mine) since we've been here. 

Tomorrow (Thursday) we are going to Homested Fl to see the Coral Castle then to Miami to see south beach and the Miami Harley dealer. (Gotta get more poker chips! Lol)