• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got a 5th wheel to move tomorrow

Got a message over the weekend asking what I would charge to move a 5th wheel for someone ( I do advertise this) 

I put a cost in that I thought the guy would say no to..... really busy and lots on so wasn't too bothered really..... guy snaps my arm off

It has been used while a house build was done down in the south west, I've got to move it to a film set on a racecourse 325 miles away, hopefully I won't regret this :lmao:

20 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You would have to look at cost of fuel, MPGs you'll have under load, and total miles, then what you time is worth. For me I'm currently starting out at $3.00 a mile. 

I'm at £1.50 per mile rounded up to £500  I figure £200  minus the VAT @20% which I get back for fuel so that's £160, £340 for the day, I'll take that

• Like 1

Well got down to a tiny little village near Evesham yesterday at 10.30am, trailer parked on a nice hard standing but way too low for my truck to get under, trailer batteries flat as blocks of wood luckily the guy had a telehandler so he lifted it onto my 5th wheel

Electrical plug was the same as my truck so no messing about with any of that, all lights and brakes working.

Had maybe 20 miles of tiny lanes to do before getting onto the A46 which is a decent road then M69 and M1 North finally the A1 to Wetherby racecourse where the buyer is on a film set, he's actually rented it out for 5 weeks accommodation for film people.

Towed nice and is a fair bit lighter than mine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IBMobile said:

Glad to hear the move went well.  Easy money.

Yes all in all a good day.... guy told me I was the cheapest

Used £180 in diesel so I'm more than happy

51 minutes ago, Max Tune said:

Probably going to get a call to move it back....👍👍👍

Maybe.... he's already messaged me asking if he can hook up a 24v tow vehicle ... as in HGV    I told him no unless you can drop the voltage to 12v but seeing as the tractor unit would weigh around twice the trailer I doubt he needs the brakes working, just a 24v trailer lightboard would be fine

• Like 1