• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueox01

Power Outlet/ No Power

Have cigar outlet and power outlet,cigar is fuse #15, i believe power outlet is fuse #10, I have power to cigar/none to power outlet.

If the plug is questionable just put your meter on ohms and go from the fuse to the center of the outlet (positive part). Make sure not to touch the sides of the outlet while touching the center. You should get 0 ohms or close to it. Try both fuse slots since obviously there is no way to know which one goes to the outlet. Then you will know if you got a connector issue or not.

Are you testing the outlet with the key in the on position? Because if I remember correctly the power outlet only gets power when the key is turned on.

on my 99, the cigar/ette lighter only gets power with the key on, the power outlet is always on(key in or not). if memory serves, the power outlet's fuse is under the hood, and the cigar lighter's fuse is in the cab

on my 99, the cigar/ette lighter only gets power with the key on, the power outlet is always on(key in or not). if memory serves, the power outlet's fuse is under the hood, and the cigar lighter's fuse is in the cab

I just went out and tested it in my truck and your right. Although I had a 94 for a while before I got this 96 and it was the other way around, but it had quite a few chopped up wires in it so maybe the PO rewired it or something for some reason.