• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I got the 47re auto in my 01.. the tranny is stock and runnin my tst powermax on high i can tell something is slipping.. How do I know if the TC is slipping or the clutch in the trans. slipping. What Do I need to do get a 3x TC or should I have it rebuilt and have a tc also.. Im looking for idea's on how I can beef up my tranny with out spending a ton.. Ive looked at ats tranny's and wish I could just get one of them but they want 4k for a stage 1 tranny.. Not sure my wallet can handle that with a 1600 core charge on top of it all.. So what do you recommend..I dont race so boosted launches is not happening, and I never tow over 15k lbs. I dont pull at truck pulls so thats not an issue.

How many miles are on the tranny? Most likely the lockup clutch in the converter slipping. I could slip my stocker with nothing but an Edge EZ. If the tranny is in good shape you can get by with a better converter and valvebody. Going to a triple disc isn't necessary unless you want to go big and abuse it. I have been running a BD Valve body and single disc converter rated for 400 hp 750 tq and I have been over 550 hp 986 tq for several years and sled pull with no issues.

• Like 2

I just bought a rebuilt tranny with a billet input shaft for 1800. I tow heavy everyday and the last tranny I bought from these guys lasted 314k miles. I went with a cheaper triple disk last time and I think that was a mistake. This time I got a Goerend. I would not need a triple disk if I wasn't towing. If you call the good tourque converter companies they will tell you which converter will work best.

• Like 1

Valve Body with flow in park. And a single disk unless your going over 400HP. I think cat used a revmaxx, same as me .......... not sure why he is going goerand this time - cat did you get 314k on the TC as well ?? Then how come the change ?? I have found mine pretty good so far - although I probably would have got the single rather than the tripple. Single is like $350 and the valve body is around $300 -> so $600-$700 all up and should be good. If you like to really build your stuff out - you could save on the VB and get a transgo shift kit as well as some new bands etc and save $150 bucks. Factor $400-$600 for tranny drop and reinstall. But if you do yourself - its not too bad - just have someone to help and have a good tranny jack.

I did use a revmax last time. It held up for all of the 314k miles. I had the stall speed set too low in that unit. The main difference in the revmax and goerend converters is the stator. I felt like the revamp did not pull as hard at the higher rpms and the goerend keeps the turbo spooled a lot better. Revmax uses a stock stator and build their converters around that. I am not a tranny guy but I feel like the goerend has more power than the revmax with lowered stall rates. My understanding is the design of the stator has a lot to do with putting down power. That being said once you are in lockup they are all the same. I have nothing bad to say about revmax. I got a lot of miles out of the unit and they were good to talk to on the phone.My tranny guy is the best. I paid $1200 for that rebuild. If anyone ever needs one he is in LA. I am happy to get anyone in touch with him.

I have the Revmax torque converter and valve body, however, when I was looking and comparing them to Goerend I asked alot of questions. The Goerend 800/300 and 900/400 converters use a milled stock oem stator, just as the Revmax uses. Revmax has a 15 blade unit, the same as Goerend and a 10 blade unit like Goerend has. They are the same converters part to part! If the stall was ordered too low then that is going to make the truck a little doggy (tight), perhaps a stock stall or just a tad lower would have been better? The fact that you got 314K miles on the Revmax torque converter makes me really happy I went with them! Did the converter let go, or did the transmission? From my talking with Dave at Goerend, Suncoast and Revmax it seems that the single is good for mild power mods and light towing apps, but once you get north of 400hp and 10k regular it seems like a triple is the way to go. I have a 3rd gen so I was way over 400hp with a mild chip...

I have the Revmax torque converter and valve body, however, when I was looking and comparing them to Goerend I asked alot of questions. The Goerend 800/300 and 900/400 converters use a milled stock oem stator, just as the Revmax uses. Revmax has a 15 blade unit, the same as Goerend and a 10 blade unit like Goerend has. They are the same converters part to part! If the stall was ordered too low then that is going to make the truck a little doggy (tight), perhaps a stock stall or just a tad lower would have been better? The fact that you got 314K miles on the Revmax torque converter makes me really happy I went with them! Did the converter let go, or did the transmission? From my talking with Dave at Goerend, Suncoast and Revmax it seems that the single is good for mild power mods and light towing apps, but once you get north of 400hp and 10k regular it seems like a triple is the way to go. I have a 3rd gen so I was way over 400hp with a mild chip...

The input shaft broke. I am taking the converter back to RevMax this week and they will let me know how it looks inside. I am having them raise the stall rate also. I have absolutely no complaints about there converter. I have two trucks and a have a Goerend in in one and this revmax in another. If there is a difference I can't tell. I do know they didn't cost the same! Both or mine are triples.

The input shaft broke. I am taking the converter back to RevMax this week and they will let me know how it looks inside. I am having them raise the stall rate also. I have absolutely no complaints about there converter. I have two trucks and a have a Goerend in in one and this revmax in another. If there is a difference I can't tell. I do know they didn't cost the same! Both or mine are triples.

Cat *) How much to ship your tranny to/from your guy in LA ?? *) How much for the converter to be cleaned up and stall rate raised ?? :thumbup2:

http://www.autotransdesign.com/motorsports_ServiceCenter/turboDieselSpecialties.asp These guys rock.We have a cr in town that runs over 800 hp they built.This place built mine.They build there own converters.They can rebuild yours.They cut them open and work majic,or build a new one.They have a tranny dyno.They dont cost a arm and a leg.The work has a warranty,18 months if i remember correct.From mild to wild.I dont have a tc lock up switch.I do however punish mine from time to time.I went with a manual valve body in mine.Sometimes i shift at 3200 out of 1st and 2nd.I have downshifted and ran my engine up to 4000rpm.Still going strong. You dont have to go all out with this shop.They will only build you what you need. I drove my tranny over to this shop.I diddnt have to deal with shipping. Good luck on whoever you go with. If you do it your self you will need to spread the frame to get the crossmember back in.

Cat *) How much to ship your tranny to/from your guy in LA ?? *) How much for the converter to be cleaned up and stall rate raised ?? :thumbup2:

I dropped it off and picked it up myself so I have no idea about shipping. I also have not dropped the tc off yet but if it is less than a year old I think they will change the stall rate for the cost of parts which is around $50. That is what they told me last year.

http://www.autotransdesign.com/motorsports_ServiceCenter/turboDieselSpecialties.asp These guys rock.We have a cr in town that runs over 800 hp they built.This place built mine.They build there own converters.They can rebuild yours.They cut them open and work majic,or build a new one.They have a tranny dyno.They dont cost a arm and a leg.The work has a warranty,18 months if i remember correct.From mild to wild.I dont have a tc lock up switch.I do however punish mine from time to time.I went with a manual valve body in mine.Sometimes i shift at 3200 out of 1st and 2nd.I have downshifted and ran my engine up to 4000rpm.Still going strong. You dont have to go all out with this shop.They will only build you what you need. I drove my tranny over to this shop.I diddnt have to deal with shipping. Good luck on whoever you go with. If you do it your self you will need to spread the frame to get the crossmember back in.

What did it cost to get the torque converter and valve body replaced for you?

What did it cost to get the torque converter and valve body replaced for you?

You would have to call them.The manual valve body is a hole different animal.I think mine was 750.00.Then you have to get a shifter of some sort.I went with a b&m ratchet.The factory arm on the truck will never hold up.It is not made for that. The converter ??It was a few years ago.Charlie is the man to talk to.I dont know snot about trannys.If you can do some of the work yourself i am sure he could build a conevrter and just sell you a new valve body. Maybe they can just mod your valve body?

I also have not dropped the tc off yet but if it is less than a year old I think they will change the stall rate for the cost of parts which is around $50. That is what they told me last year.

There in Phoenix or nearby right ? If your in town (Im here for 3 months) let meet up for a beer or a coke if you have time - I know your busy hauling !

--- Update to the previous post...

I went to the websit you gave and went the the TC part and they ask a million and one questions.. Heck I dont know all the spec on my truck.. I know the general ones but not in depth

Heck no kidding - I just saw that form ........ call em .......... they sound good and sure they will walk you through it ........