• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

help needed with 3 Cylinder high idle.

i am looking for some one who is willing to sell me their 3 cylinder high idle switch or build me one. i am willing to pay a decent amount. i cant find anything on how to make it nor am i sure i trust myself to do so. is there anyone that can help me? i could really use this feature on my truck this winter.

I believe if you load a smarty tune and then unload it/return to stock, the high idle feature remains. So if you have a friend with a Smarty you could hook it up to your truck, load a tune, then return to stock, and give it back to your friend. (Your friend would have to return to stock first so it’s not vin locked). 

• 2 weeks later...

When Nic @Me78569 built the last run of these boards with switch and connection leads, it was a complete package. Basically plug and play with the most time spent determining where you would place the control for operation. The length of the leads allowed versatile placement within the cab of the truck for convenient operation. 

The construction was very nice and the last run had incorporated SMC (surface mount components) that shrank the size of the board and allowed the small 4 position switch to be directly mounted to the board. The small size was conducive to place the control board into nearly any location for drivers convenience.

high-idle.jpg.f109d1e62f9549f852e5facf74df2b38.jpg

Over all @Rivclark44 this project is quite easy to reproduce as Mike @Mopar1973Man has done the homework on this to place fixed resistance values in line to fool the ECM into 'High Idle or 3 cyl Idle' when selected by the operator. These boards work very well and the design is not a high current contraption so reliability is outstanding.

The guys here have suggested obtaining a Smarty 03 to enable the Factory Program to be activated or go to your trusted Dealer and have them activate the software if it has NOT been activated previously.

I'm sorry, to not be able to assist you in creating a working 'High Idle' board as my shop and electronic lab was destroyed in the Paradise CA fire back in November of 2018.

The loss is still effecting me four years later. The working shop was quite advanced in several eclectic electronic ventures.

If you elected to pursue this project, you needn't make it as sweet as Nic did (from a size aspect) but, you would have the operational features you're looking for. I'm sure Nic and Mike would provide guidance on part procurement aspects. The etched circuit board is not required and you could cobble the fixed resistance values in 1/8 watt packages directly to the rotary switch...there is NO current present on these 5 volt sensor rails so this entire assembly is very easy to assemble.

W-T

• Owner

Cable production doubled in price since the last batch produced. More than likely if I had the funds it would be roughly 300 a unit jumping nearly double from the old 150 price. Like @Me78569 said it only covers 98.5 to 02 trucks, if I dump thousands of dollars into production is it possible to sell all 100 units at about 300 a unit?

@Me78569  if could manage to get my hands on one of these switches or if someone was willing to make me up one, or sell their existing one to me, id pay 500, 600 or even more for it. could be some quick easy cash for the right person. my phone number is 801 380 9332. shoot me a text if you'd be interested in working something out.