• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v valve stem size and guide outer diameter ?

I read a while ago someone used a different valve stem seal to try and make them stay on the guide better or seal better can't quite remember which and who it was.

Question 1.

What is the valve stem size on a 24v

Question 2.

What is the guide diameter where the stem seal sits

The reason for the 2 questions is I'm right now repairing a Perkins (POS) 4.4 RJ build in a JCB 416 loading shovel that the tip of number 3 injector dropped off, only the very tip below the injector holes so very small and luckily it imbedded straight away into the piston and did not go through a exhaust valve.

This has been ongoing for about a month due to being buried in work, the head has been on my bench for a couple of weeks after a skim waiting for me to grind the valves in, 1, 2 and 4 are ok but the fools that drive it ran it for over 3 weeks with diesel dribbling into No3, got the valves all done tonight as I've got a Cat 966 hitch propshaft to repair tomorrow and only one bench, dug the gasket kit out to get the stem seals and these things are rather good, they are all moulded onto the hardened washer that sits under the valve spring so they can never lift off

measurements are ID or valve diameter 0.350"  OD for the guide 0.500"  just checked a Ford 390 valve and it's the same diameter

JCB part number here is 02/203213   serial number is 0530400 for the machine

20221203_163520[1].jpg