• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Full Send Diesel Temp control trans pan

I was casually looking for a transmission line kit and came across this fancy transmission pan.  It allows you to bypass the heat exchanger, it has fittings in the pan to run engine coolant.  It looks like it could eliminate the possibility of making a large milk shake should the factory exchanger fail.  It's not cheap but it has me rubbing my chin and going Hmmmm.  

2022-12-30.png

Edited by Sycostang67
  • Like 2

I would think that in the summer that the 190-210⁰ coolant would be cooling the transmission fluid, but I guess I've not paid much attention to it. And if your coolant is warmer than that, I bet the transmission is HOT, too. Not sure I'd bother with shutoff valves.

When mine goes, I will likely try something like this. I was searching for a small shell and tube heat exchanger, and this popped up. Much more economical.

https://www.mrcool.us/63832t-mercruiser-engine-oil-cooler.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAwc-dBhA7EiwAxPRylIWuvnw3DGZiyGn15wpnydogyaNnQ4DYegcLRayE8icVje6GVuhQyBoC_J8QAvD_BwE