• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Winter storage, sad time of the year for bikes

• Staff

The bikes have been officially put into winter storage. Gas tanks full, covers on and in the shed out if the weather. 

I have seen some people out on there bikes if the Temps come up enough for their liking. Myself, I won't bring the bike out once they throw salt on the roads. I will not allow that salt or the liquid, metal eating death juice to get on the motorcycles. I would rather miss out on some riding in the early winter to know I am preserving my toys the best I can.

I should however remove the batteries from both and store them in the basement, have not done this yet. Battery tenders would also be a good idea. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 1/2/2023 at 6:58 AM, Doubletrouble said:

@Mopar1973Man, bike is fuel injected. I did unhook the battery. Stabil in the tank and ran it for a few minutes to work it through.

So is my Honda Rancher its fuel injected too. But I know my fuel pump and how the system works so it will run for quite a while with the fuel in the pump. Once the fuel system is dry then I'm good. I've had to pull apart the fuel pump to clean the filter strainer. It holds quite a bit of fuel but the filter is made from plastic.

• 4 weeks later...