• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Tune Downloads & Quadzilla Custom Tuning

• Owner

Things are going to change in regards to Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes. We had in the past a assortment of tunes but not really built to fit anyone vehicles. Myself and that member had a disagreement so his tunes are now removed. Now I want to build this Quadzilla Tunes Download area right. Now after making many phone calls and talked to several people I found that Quadzilla Tunes are roughly $100 to $150 a tune which is normal market price between US and Canada. What am I going to do? I want to sell you a custom made tune to FIT your truck exactly for your hardware and usage. Just for information value I found Smarty touch tunes roughly the same on average. Few Smarty tuners actually pricing as high as $300 a tune on the high side. 

For $100 price I will build a custom tune and support it for 30 day period. This tune will have all the information about your truck mods available. Now For that 30 days I will update your tune as many times as you wish until your happy with way your truck runs. Now the downloads will list every version from start to finish. Allowing the owner or others to try any version from start to finish. All support for the customer tune will be done on the forum which the creation of the download will create a forum post to keep a public log of how the tune process going for all to see. No tune data will be provided in the forum only in the downloaded file. Now this creates a "tune owner" that is using the tune and now other members with matching  truck setup can contact this "tune owner" for a direct review of the tune and how it works. No longer, will there be random tunes without any support and not designed to fit a actual vehicle. 

Anyone else as a Quadzilla owner wants to get support on there current tune as well I will gladly customize any current tune for the same $100 to make a better fit for your application. I will be also producing a page explaining exact information I need for making a good tune for your vehicle. 

Yes the old tune pile kept me on the phone with guys that call up and have excessive smoke issues, high EGT's and other drive-ability issues. No longer, we are only going to release "actual tunes" that are being "owned by other Quadzilla Adrenaline owners". If you are looking for a good custom tune to fry the tires I can do that. You looking for a good towing tune that pulls anything behind your truck I can do that too. Look for a economy tune I can build those to being I mastered that and hit 28 MPG with Beast. The only tunes I will not produce is a "smoke tune". Please don't ask we already have enough troubles with EPA. Then other members looking for a custom tune can contact you the "tune owner" in PM or on the forum for review of the custom tune and the trucks set up and see what the tune is like. 

More to come very soon on this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

To build a tune isn't like just chucking a bunch of numbers at the tuner and its good to go. This is far from the truth. There is a long list of hardware on the truck I need to know about injectors, injectors pop pressure, turbo, tire size, gear ratio, transmission, etc. Then I need to know what state you live in and find out about weather and elevation. Then I need to know how do you plan on using the truck, towing heavy, towing a small RV, daily driver, economy minded, dyno queen, tractor pull, etc. I would rather to be selling tunes that actual members wanted built and actually being used in real world conditions. Anyone wanna jump in line to build a tune let me know I'll get you lined up and most likely get a forum post going and ask questions about the truck and your environment. If there is hardware mismatch I'll even guide you on how to fix it and getting the most from your truck.  

Come over and post up tune request here...

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/185-standard-quadzilla-adrenaline-tunes/

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

Interesting, all though I do have a couple questions.

If one were to buy a quad, they do come with some sort of standard tune which is an upgrade from stock obviously.  

Will you or others still be commenting in posts regarding "tweaking" of the quad tunes that come with a new quad?

I ask because that is in its own way a form of support for tunes that are not custom made by you.

I ask simply because at some point I will be buying a quad, still haven't brought myself to separate cash from hand just yet. I'd like the option of tweaking until I get to the point where a custom tune would be more applicable to say towing my 36ft fifth wheel or squeezing more milage from each gallon of fuel.

• Owner
54 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

If one were to buy a quad, they do come with some sort of standard tune which is an upgrade from stock obviously. 

The base tune supplied is limited. Again doesn't really fit the vehicle for all the possible modifications.

58 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Will you or others still be commenting in posts regarding "tweaking" of the quad tunes that come with a new quad?

Most of the time I rebuild from ground up that tweaking the stock tune because 9 times out of 10 you'll end up changing every single value completely. Then road test and find other performance issues and have to change more. It not like build and your done you need time to road test and play before you figure its all said and done. I will not going to be communicating all my secrets on forum posts but I'll be communicating questions and answers on getting info to continue building the tune. 

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I ask because that is in its own way a form of support for tunes that are not custom made by you.

Again 99% of the time you will be changing all the values. Fueling values and Timing values both. Since every value will need to be changed its the fact you need someone that understands the impact of all the different modifications and the impact they have towards the tune. Give you an example of a gent I've been working with has a Quadzilla with 7 x 0.010 injectors but a Allison Transmission but the transmission has a huge impact in the engine load and EGT's. I've been working on reducing the EGT's but its not quite right yet... It not just the tune but understanding the hardware you attempting to tune for. 

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I ask simply because at some point I will be buying a quad, still haven't brought myself to separate cash from hand just yet. I'd like the option of tweaking until I get to the point where a custom tune would be more applicable to say towing my 36ft fifth wheel or squeezing more milage from each gallon of fuel.

That where I can help you build a tune that will be fitting for your exact application. Something like that I would want to know like trailer weight and other info so I can build proper fuel tables and timing for this application for towing. Being the Quadzilla can hold multiple tunes we can build a towing tune, daily driver tune, then a performance tune to blow the doors off a Tesla or Ford Lightning. 

After doing support for people I've learned that its not build a tune and done. Nope. Your always going to need to adjust a little here and there. Several people I've invest days in time trying to fix bad tunes or tunes with bad gear ratios. My knowledge and time is worth something. $100 for 30 days of support with any custom made tune. 

• Like 2

Will this extend to race type tunes? Man ive got to learn to read more thoroughly... :duh:

Even for as long as I've followed this topic (quadzilla), I could use an experts' advice/input/guidance.

I'm assuming its $100 per tune (daily/sled pull/towing count as 3 tunes and would each need the same type of process)? 

• Owner
On 1/14/2023 at 8:28 AM, Silverwolf2691 said:

I'm assuming its $100 per tune (daily/sled pull/towing count as 3 tunes and would each need the same type of process)? 

Yup. Process is the same but the fuel and timing change for each application more or less. Fuel table will change between daily and sled pull. The timing will also change between the two tunes. Where a daily tune will have more advancement and less retard. Where the sled pull might have some good retard to get the spool of the turbo and then get on top of the timing again quickly. Again the fuel map will be way aggressive from start to finish. 

Disclaimer: For any tune especially "competition tunes" I highly suggest you test first before putting to the actual competition. Its up to you to verify the setting are not excessive either timing or fuel map. 

Anyone wanting to give this a shot lets get tuning... :burnout:

18 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Disclaimer: For any tune especially "competition tunes" I highly suggest you test first before putting to the actual competition. Its up to you to verify the setting are not excessive either timing or fuel map.

Sled pulling is hard to do that with though. Competion is test and tune.. at least around here

• Like 1

I'm like to use a few of your tunes. Mileage, towing, for fun, and one for the bi annual state extortion.  My problem is I don't drive my truck much anymore. Living in the suburbs makes parking a challenge. I use my Santa Fe most of the time. Have you thought about an option for someone like me? Perhaps a certain number of fine tuning followups? 

• Owner
On 1/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, 1361 said:

Have you thought about an option for someone like me? Perhaps a certain number of fine tuning followups?

Unlimited amount of updates within the 30 day span. If you called an hour later to make changes I would update as many times as needed. So you would get 30 days of support for unlimited tune updates. The download area will hold all the versions we build so you can go back to a prevent version if there was any issues. So if you made a weekend of just building a tune I would work with you till we got it the way you want it. 

Also I'm going to ask for a picture of your truck at the time of the tune. This way people can see what the truck looks like for what tune your running. I also want a full list of all the engine mods you done so that when the tune is done then download itsself will have all information that it takes to run said tune. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I have to report I'll start being busy with building tunes very soon. I've already got 2 request for tunes. I'm waiting for a data log from my first request so I can see some of the running data so I can build around a heavy towing truck. This one is a Ford F450 with a Cummins ISB engine (24 Valve). Then I just got a request last night for another tune that I've got to call the member and get some starting info so I can build the tune.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Just a heads up I've already built two tunes for members here and I've two more tunes to build for two other members. Remember there is unlimited times you want to update your tune. If it's not quite right contact me with the Support button on the tune download page. Post in your tune thread what you want, I'll tweak the tune the best I can for what you want. One small request, please don't ask for Rolling Coal Tunes! 

• Owner

Ok... I've got requests in my PM box, email, and other places. Please, everyone, come over to my request forum and post up your information for your truck so we can build a custom tune for your truck.

Request Forum -> https://mopar1973man.com/forum/216-custom-quadzilla-tune-request/

For everyone in the process of getting a tune built or needing support to tweak your tune visit back to your download and click the support button it will take you directly to your tune forum page and I'll handle the tune and your support request there. 

image.png