• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Headstud install

• Owner
4 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

Where at did you place the board?  Is there a plug you can take out as well or no?

Floor jack on the floor passenger side then place the 2x6 board under the cowl on the passenger side. Then just jack up the cab about 1/2 inch and the clearance will be enough to slip that stud in. The body rubber is just compressing. 

I changed mine out one at a time. Then I retorqued  them after they were all installed. I don’t recall having to lift the cab or anything extra to replace the back studs. It’s not said to do it in the instructions but after a week of driving I did a retorque to 130 ft. Lbs. Also relashed the valves both times.  

• Like 2

• Owner
1 hour ago, Unreal Summit said:

I know they say timing is what pushes head gaskets out but I don't want to chance it with the slightly bigger turbo.

I'm running 25* BTDC at 2,000 RPMs currently with my tune and head studs. But the trick is my high timing will only occur when the boost is below 5 PSI. Typical at 55 MPH is 0 to 1 PSI boost and then 65 MPH is 2 to 3 PSI boost. 

High timing with high boost will for sure blow the head gasket... Make sure the timing retards when engine load rises...

• Like 1

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

When I get this done I am gonna have to get a tune from you 

When your ready just give me a shout and we will sit down and have a phone call chat and I'll get a feel for what you want to build.

I'm enjoying my current tune being its a mild daily driver. I typically run level 2 on slick roads but dry pavement I'll run level 3. If someone wants to play I toss the wire tap to it. Now I've got a chance. I want to get some time after I'm done playing with my daily tune then build a strong performance tune that just absolutely sends that truck down the pavement. Then I need a good towing tune that is still eco-friendly but nice low EGT's.