• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Making use of what I've got!

• Owner

Hey gang. There is a lot going on here. So I'm going to request everyone get there Garage page updated. Why? Well this can be more helpful for others to see all your truck mods listed in the modification tab. This would lighten the signature line to just a link to your Garage page. I'm guilty of this too. I've got to finish updating my garage listing. :doh:

Then being ive got a gallery function hidden I want to see good high quality photos of trucks in a environment setting some better than the Walmart parking lot. Then I would love to have a truck of the season. This truck would be in the scrolling top of the page for 3 months (spring, summer, fall, and winter). Sound like fun?

Then we have the classified area if you got some parts for trucks post them up I'm sure there is a member who possibly wants those parts. You can even post wanted ads so to find a parts someone has. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I am also guilty! I'll be honest, I haven't looked at my garage area in a while. I need to update it and get out and take a few new pics.

@Mopar1973Man, could you explain how to link your garage to your signature? I have tried this in the past but failed.

I would like to get my sig similar to yours with a pic of the truck if possible.

Thanks.

• Owner

Kind of like this... 

2002 Dodge Ram 2500

When you click on the link it takes you to the modification page of Beast. So All I did was hit the modification tab and copied the URL of that page. 

Why? Well with the Garage area, I know the text box is small but you can post a longer explanation of your mods on the truck. You can have multiple photos for your modification. Secret... If you use notepad on Windows you can type out a long version of what the modification is and copy and paste it back to the website which makes it easier. As you can see when you follow my link there is 3 PAGES of modifications on my truck. This is why I installed the garage module was installed because people like me with heavily modified vehicles had super long signatures that could be several lines long and this has to be rendered by the server every time the long signature came up. Slowing down the server and some signatures are line 2 full-screens loads on a cellphone. Not too fun to scroll past long signatures. The Garage is a bonus because people can see photos of the mod, and descriptions of the modification. Then if someone else wanted a similar mod then they could get together and discuss about the modification. 

Gallery function is just currently hidden. I'm going to ask for someone that wants to moderate the Gallery area. This means checking for good clean photos and removing photos that are not about trucks. Then I got to do a bit of configuration to fire it up. I'm going to use this area for the truck of the Season. Be pretty easy to have fun here. Now all you would have to do is take photos of your truck with a somewhat natural background showing the seasons in your area. I've seen some photos from TN that a out of sight with trees in red and gold. This would be a stellar photo for like a Fall Season... You get the idea...

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff
On 2/19/2023 at 6:51 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

When you click on the link it takes you to the modification page of Beast. So All I did was hit the modification tab and copied the URL of that page. 

I'm trying to put the link in for my garage so it would be 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cerberus but no luck. I just get the full URL.

• Owner

Mean like this...

https://mopar1973man.com/collections/garage/item/75-cerberus/?show=mods

Right-click the "Modification" tab and select Copy URL...

Oh, @IBMobile you can add brief comments on each mod too. Then there is a bit more understanding of each mod for others. I know the box limitation tends to make adding text rather limiting but you can stuff quite a bit in there and it still posts fine.

I use a "Text Editor" program like "Notepad" in Windows and type out my long description and then proofread it, then copy and paste it right into the text box. I used to have a program called "Leafpad" that was really rocking it for HTML, CSS, server .conf files, and just good old fashion text documents with no formatting for web publishing. 

FYI... Don't use MS Word being when you copy on Windows it brings all the style information with the text (font size, font type, bold, etc.)

Sample of the "sitemap.xml" file off the server that tells Google exactly where to look for what pages and what to index that is new.

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 2/25/2023 at 6:44 PM, IBMobile said:

I just get the full URL.

Mike will know better than I if this will work in this application, but when posting links in general I copy the link, click where I want the link then push CTRL+K, a box shows up asking how to actually display the link. On my phone now, or I'd check it myself.

EDIT:  The above doesn't work for me, either.  CTRL+K is a different command in a web browser, apparently.

Edited by LorenS