• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New addition to our family

• Staff

I thought I would share a couple pics of the new addition to the family. 

Meet Athena, she is nearly 8 months old now, we got her at 6 months. She is a Belgian Malinois (pronounced mal-in-wa). She don't have akc papers but we are considering a DNA test just more for curiosity. We also want to work with a trainer to be sure she will behave in public. So far she has been very good for the wife when she had a couple visits with the vet. 

This breed is very well known for military and police work as well as personal protection. She us my wife's new best friend. They spend a lot of time together and have bonded which is exactly what I wanted. Athena will be here to watch over her momma when I can't. 

She is very high energy and very athletic. We will be setting up some suspended toys outside and maybe a small obstacle course of sorts for her to play and exercise on. So here we go, this is our little 48lbs puppy Athena.

20230122_144339.jpg

20230319_204351.jpg

Resized_20230320_090434.jpeg

• Like 2

• Owner

Stellar looking dog... Kind of has that German Shepherd look. She looks like she is a high-energy dog and loves to be with her humans. Kind of like @Honey Badger has a pup as well just coming up on a year old his name is Loki. Husky and Healer cross and boy he can be an attention hound at times. He loves to go "T R U C K I N ' " if I would ot say it or go for the door with my truck keys he's sitting at the door waiting to be loaded up in the truck.  Teach them early and they will travel everywhere.

• Like 2

• Staff

They are commonly mistaken for German shepards because of their looks. They have a different build to them though. Lighter, usually run on average 10-15lbs lighter than a german shepard. Because of the lighter weight they're a bit faster and more agile. Supposed to be very intelligent and easily trained. 

Luckily we have a good sized fenced in yard for her to run and burn off some of that energy. 

So far she's a great pet. She is protective and stand offish with people she hasn't met yet but that's to be expected. She loves the little grandkids though and that's a big plus. She follows them around when they're here like she's keeping track of them. Lol

• Like 2

• Owner

Loki is similar in that respect. He will follow his family around and watch closely. Like tonight I went to town to pick up Jake from work and Loki was right at the door alerting me to the fact someone was coming to the door. Once he can see us his alert turns to a wagging tail and happy to see us.

Dogs are wonderful companions. Some day ill most likely gets me another Dobbie or German Shepherd. I like good working dogs that are large enough that makes people think before just coming in announced.

• Like 1