• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prowelder

Resetting speedometer with Smarty?

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

Hey gang,Got a question for you. A friend of mine has a Smarty and was going to reset my speedo. Any way he tried it on his without the Smarty tune loaded on and it didn't work he said. Him and I were under the impression that he could reset mine and have the tune on his??:shrug: Does anyone have some experience with this??:shrug:Thanks,Winslow

Mopar1973Man    3,793
Mopar1973Man

Nope he has to reset to stock to be able to work on your truck...Once a vehicle is load with a tune then it VIN locked to that vehicle. So he has to reset to stock first then he can work on your truck set the speedo then it should return to his truck...

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

Nope he has to reset to stock to be able to work on your truck... Once a vehicle is load with a tune then it VIN locked to that vehicle. So he has to reset to stock first then he can work on your truck set the speedo then it should return to his truck...

Well he said he reset his to stock before trying to reset the speedo on his without the tune. At least that's what I understood from what he said. But from what you are saying is that he has to set his to stock, recal my speedo, then he can load the tune back on his?:shrug:

Mopar1973Man    3,793
Mopar1973Man

Correct...1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty.2. Calibrate your speedometer.3. Reset his previous tune.As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock.If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

Correct... 1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty. 2. Calibrate your speedometer. 3. Reset his previous tune. As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock. If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

Cool deal, I'll tell white01!:thumbup2:

jncornett    0
jncornett

fwiw on my 05 i could only recalibtrate my tire height with the smarty loaded meaning when i loaded the stock tune back in the truck the factory tire height was placed back as well and the speedo would be off 5mph because of the 315's

Mopar1973Man    3,793
Mopar1973Man

Correct... 1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty. 2. Calibrate your speedometer. 3. Reset his previous tune. As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock. If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

fwiw on my 05 i could only recalibtrate my tire height with the smarty loaded meaning when i loaded the stock tune back in the truck the factory tire height was placed back as well and the speedo would be off 5mph because of the 315's

Well I guess that shoots it all down... :rolleyes:

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

So what you're saying is I won't be able to re-calibrate the speedometer without the Smarty tune?:shrug:

Prowelder    3
Prowelder

... or go to the dealer and have it flashed.

Yeah I might have to do that. I was told TS or BD makes a speedometer calibrater, I just haven't checked into yet.... I just don't want to spend a lot of money on it!:broke: