• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Resetting speedometer with Smarty?

Hey gang,Got a question for you. A friend of mine has a Smarty and was going to reset my speedo. Any way he tried it on his without the Smarty tune loaded on and it didn't work he said. Him and I were under the impression that he could reset mine and have the tune on his??:shrug: Does anyone have some experience with this??:shrug:Thanks,Winslow

Nope he has to reset to stock to be able to work on your truck... Once a vehicle is load with a tune then it VIN locked to that vehicle. So he has to reset to stock first then he can work on your truck set the speedo then it should return to his truck...

Well he said he reset his to stock before trying to reset the speedo on his without the tune. At least that's what I understood from what he said. But from what you are saying is that he has to set his to stock, recal my speedo, then he can load the tune back on his?:shrug:

• Owner

Correct...1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty.2. Calibrate your speedometer.3. Reset his previous tune.As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock.If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

Correct... 1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty. 2. Calibrate your speedometer. 3. Reset his previous tune. As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock. If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

Cool deal, I'll tell white01!:thumbup2:

• Owner

Correct... 1. Reset his truck to stock to release the VIN lock of the Smarty. 2. Calibrate your speedometer. 3. Reset his previous tune. As long as the Smarty has a recorded VIN number in the programmer (a loaded tune) it will not operate on any other truck till you reset back to stock. If it still doesn't work contact Bob Wagner...:thumbup2:

fwiw on my 05 i could only recalibtrate my tire height with the smarty loaded meaning when i loaded the stock tune back in the truck the factory tire height was placed back as well and the speedo would be off 5mph because of the 315's

Well I guess that shoots it all down... :rolleyes:

fwiw on my 05 i could only recalibtrate my tire height with the smarty loaded meaning when i loaded the stock tune back in the truck the factory tire height was placed back as well and the speedo would be off 5mph because of the 315's

So what you're saying is I won't be able to re-calibrate the speedometer without the Smarty tune?:shrug: