• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Clean up and tuning of the server base software

• Owner

Yeah with what happened to me and my cancer return I'm up in the morning working behind the scenes getting the new server all cleaned up and working the best I can. As it stands the server is about 5% to 10% faster than my previous server. Now I'm getting all the tuning done for the main software like Apache, PHP, MySQL, and a little bit with Linux. 

One of the things that worries me the most is keeping hackers and scammers out of my server. Strange enough after the initial setup I managed to tighten the grip on the server so good I locked out my hosting company again. I was complimented about how good my security setup was. For now, I've backed down for the time just enough to allow my tech team to handle issues for the server till I'm happy I've got it nailed down for the main part. The SSH server is the main door I use and so are most hackers. 

I'm going to get working on the store very soon. I wanna get that back up and running properly and get more products in the store. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Sounds like a good plan. I for one will be glad to see the store up again.

Sorry @Mopar1973Man, gonna kinda take a liberty here....

While on the subject of the store, to anyone that had broused there before, are there other products that could be included? its been a minute since i have had a look at all the products that were available myself. Once it's back up I will browse and see if I could add any feedback.

Mike, close your eyes for a second......

I personally will try to purchase through the store in the future when possible knowing that my purchase will also help Mike stay here and continue his site and provide us with assistance and knowledge along with a healthy community of like minded people. I won't tell anyone where to buy their parts, just wanted to point out that by purchasing through the store here once back up and running it will also help support the entire forum as a whole.

Ok Mike, you can open your eyes again

Glad to see your able to take the time to really dig into the server and learn it. I know in our phone conversations  you had mentioned that there were portions of it your were not entirely familiar with and there would have to be some work on your part to get acquainted with new software.

• Thanks 1

• Owner

Today I'm working with Apache (HTML server) trying to unload all the unneeded software out of memory. I've got a ton of modules loading up into memory and systematically I'm pulling modules out that I'm not using. Now when I do pull a module that is being used and attempt to reboot Apache it creates an error when I reboot the Apache Server. Sorry that the site will be a bit unstable for a few hours but I'm working on moving through it rapidly.

• Staff

Mike isn't there a way that Geno's could be their Amazon, so to speak and we could order anything we want that way off their catologue and you would get your standard cut or a small cut that could add up?

You of course would be advertising Geno's on the forum or website all the time. You could do this with Dynamic if the owner agrees and also DAP. This way we have much more stuff to buy, maybe you make a smaller cut, I don't know but, it would be so much more in sales and we could spend money that way.

I am a dreamer and wish this could happen.

The main thing too is I am glad you still allow thread hijackers on here that forget how to spell.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

@JAG1, Mike and I had a conversation the other night about just this topic. I would also like to see the store expand to multiple vendors contributing to add to "inventory" so to speak. (Obviously no physical inventory involved)

I'd love to be able to be on the forum discussing an upcoming project and then just click right over to the store and order the parts needed and BAM......one stop shop.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

Doubletrouble,

What you say is very good :thumbup2:

Yeah Doubletrouble, that's the way it needs to happen, like you say... it would be perfect when combined with discussion for beneficial mods and next, you know right where to go for parts.

I think it's going to be a crazy world when everyone realizes how important it is to keep these second gens alive. There will be a  mass running away from EV''s because not enough power to go around or too dang expensive...We will be attempting to heat our homes  possibly with the exhaust using a heat exchanger to keep out fumes and the electric bill. To have real help keeping these trucks/ other gens in tip top shape with the help of special tools and parts is absolute kicker!

I think we are going to see, very soon a huge wave, 30 feet high or more, showing how important these trucks really are becoming.

Edited by JAG1