• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

shift boot location on tunnel

13 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I wish I could help. I'm down in Ontario OR. If I wasn't doing my cancer I'd be in the shop getting those measurements. Sorry.

That's ok, kinda figured right now it'd not be you.  I don't know if it REALLY matters TOO much for overall location.  I was planning on centering on the gear shift and let the TC fall where it may.  I just don't know if that is a problem or not (cause I won't know untill stuff is welded up and painted), just hoping someone has a number/idea before I start making parts become one via MIG.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot that have a big hunk of foam with a hole cut in the middle that fits over the shift tower and a slot for the 4x4. That is sandwiched between cab and tranny. It blocks some of the noise.

1 hour ago, Great work! said:

I've seen a lot that have a big hunk of foam with a hole cut in the middle that fits over the shift tower and a slot for the 4x4. That is sandwiched between cab and tranny. It blocks some of the noise.

Right, and I plan on doing that...but I need to know where to weld a "ring" (thicker version of black thing in pic) to screw the boot and cover plate to.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well I poked at it the hard way....I put the parts on and tried to find hte best location possible.  Seems that I needed to pull the mounting ring back a bit (off center FTB now) to make things "work".  I'm also guessing I might have the tunnel lower to the tans than woudl be stock on a gen 2.  

So back up question, can someone share a pic of a gen 2 shift/TC boot installed?

On 3/25/2024 at 10:02 PM, Royal Squire said:

@PilotHouse2500 Sorry I meant to get you a photo today but forgot. It will be the weekend before I’m back home. Photo will be of a V10 truck which I believe to be the same. Hope that will be soon enough. 

Just checking to see of you had a chance?  I put the boot on and did my best guess,  I CAn cut it off to remove if I'm way off.   I do think an issue is how far apart the tunnel height is off the top of the trans ( I might have to space it up).  Still hoping to can pull thru for me.