• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Different 01 Cummins Laramie SLT 4x4

• Staff
Posted (edited)

After I had a stent installed in my heart Nov 8th, 2023, I lost some muscle strength in my legs, which resulted in my left knee (7 surgeries) not liking the heavy aftermarket clutch in my 01 Sport HO 6 speed.

I traded it for a different diesel 4x4, but I just traded it for this 01 Ram 2500 Laramie SLT long bed 4x4 with 4-wheel disk brakes and 4-wheel ABS. It has an actual 195k miles on it from the vehicle record I paid for, which shows the same number of miles on the odometer. 

It definitely hits a lot harder than the other 3 Cummins 4x4 trucks I've had before. It 

It has the following upgrades.

1. FASS 165 lift pump

2. Borg-Warner 364sxe turbo

3. Aftermarket air filter

4. 4" exhaust 

5. Edge Comp box tuner

6. Head studs

7. OEM Cummins head gasket

8. OEM Cummins valve seals

9. Power Stroke Products cylinder head

10. 5/16" push rods

11. Xtreme Diesel Perf P 108# valve springs 

12. Xtreme Diesel Perf VP44

13. 150 hp injectors

14. New Starter

15. New built $4,400 auto trans 11/23 with paperwork 

16. Crossover steering

17. Traction bars

18. Limited slip rear diff

19. New ball joints & wheel bearings

20. Aluminum radiator 

21. MESA keyless entry with remote start

22. Custom LED tail lights

23. Mishimoto trans cooler

24. Kenwood deck with amp and all new speakers and subwoofer box under rear seat

25. 4" suspension lift

26. Rear air bags

27. Aftermarket exhaust manifold - haven't looked at it yet to see which one it is.

28. Glow Shift gauges for boost, fuel, trans temp, and EGT

At least now that I'm in a better 01 Cummins 4x4 quad cab long bed 4x4 (my favorite diesel), which came with a nicely built auto trans (with paper receipt from trans shop in Bend) and it has all the engine performance upgrades done to it. It will need minor repairs like a steering box due to too much play, and a power steering pump since it's noisy. It needs the following things to make it 100% again.

1. Instrument cluster LED bulbs

2. 190 deg thermostat because someone installed a 180 deg one

3. Heater treater fix (on order) and blend door actuator (already have)

4. Both front seat bottom foam and covers - typical Dodge seats

5. CB mount and high quality coax cable

6. Double din stereo with backup camera

7. Door decals and grille emblem - ordered

8. Replace the trans shift indicator PRND2L

9. Install new headlights with HID headlight bulbs - already have

10. Install under hood LED light kit - already have

11. Install Pos and Neg bus bars for better management of powering up accessories 

12. Replace bad fuel tank sending unit - ordered it 

13. Buy and winch bumper and winch

14. Install grid heater solenoids and cables to grid heater - previous owner deleted them

15. Fix minor engine oil pan leak

Screenshot_20240322_135454_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_135251_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_135450_Facebook.jpg

Facebook_creation_89619601.jpg

Facebook_creation_89626165.jpg

Facebook_creation_89636442.jpg

20240324_203338.jpg

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4
  • Like 2

• Staff
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tractorman said:

Looks like you made a good trade. 

Good idea having the skateboard for emergency transportation while you are getting a feel for the truck's reliability.

- John

Those were pics the respectful young man sent me of it. I tried the skateboard thing as a teenager, and always found small rocks to have it buck me off.

I drove down to Bend and back last Sunday for the trade.

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4

• Staff
Posted (edited)

This truck is a factory Laramie SLT model via the build sheet on the VIN, but it didn't come with the overhead compass, outside temp, and mileage display, auto dimming rearview mirror, or power driver's seat.

Is the wiring already in place to add those items plug-n-play since it's a Laramie SLT model? I guess I will need to pull the overhead console down and see if the correct wiring harness is already there, or if I need to start grabbing parts from a pick-n-pull yard.

Edited by 01_Cummins_4x4