• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
flagmanruss

4:10s MPG

OK, my signature truck is pure stock, right down to the OEM air filter... except the tailpipe rusted itself off a while back. Tires are OEM Michelins, ratio is 4:10. Most of my driving is secondary routes (state owned local highways). I'm doing my best to stretch fuel... getting the automatic to shift up & foot off the go pedal down hill. I'm running 2 cycle Dino 100:1. In the past, the overhead MPG has been within fractions of the hand calc miles. I reset the overhead after my last trip with a trailer, to get that off the data... the over-head has been bouncing 18.0-18.3... respectable mpg for this truck. I just filled up 27.94 G at 619.1 M That's "22.15"mpg which is unbelieveable... I'm pretty d*mn sure the wife didn't take it near a fuel pump! It may be a while before I empty another tankful at these prices... I'm driving the Cirus daily... Is this a mistake?Russ

Your getting on track there flagman... Congrads to the 22 MPG... Now you playing in my ballpark now! :thumbsup As for me if I need really cheap I ride the GW... But if I need to take care of business (shopping, jobs, etc) I'm using my truck. It whoopin my Mom's 1996 Dodge 1500 V8 Gasser (14-15 MPG). As you can see my signature I've really got it kicked up and figured out the science behing good MPG's... ;)

My last 4 tanks averaged together, have averaged right at 20mpg. These are the tanks since downloading SW5 on the Smarty Revo programmer. I've got 3.73's though and I pull a 5,000lb work trailer around during the week!! 16oz. of 2 stroke oil per fill up also in my 3rd gen.!!

22.5mpg is very respectable. Make sure it is filled all the way to the neck overflow to get an accurate reading. Best i ever got with my 2wd 6spd and 4.10 gears was 21.3 at 67-68mph over 630miles. 22.5 is excellent.