• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OK, my signature truck is pure stock, right down to the OEM air filter... except the tailpipe rusted itself off a while back. Tires are OEM Michelins, ratio is 4:10. Most of my driving is secondary routes (state owned local highways). I'm doing my best to stretch fuel... getting the automatic to shift up & foot off the go pedal down hill. I'm running 2 cycle Dino 100:1. In the past, the overhead MPG has been within fractions of the hand calc miles. I reset the overhead after my last trip with a trailer, to get that off the data... the over-head has been bouncing 18.0-18.3... respectable mpg for this truck. I just filled up 27.94 G at 619.1 M That's "22.15"mpg which is unbelieveable... I'm pretty d*mn sure the wife didn't take it near a fuel pump! It may be a while before I empty another tankful at these prices... I'm driving the Cirus daily... Is this a mistake?Russ

• Owner

Your getting on track there flagman... Congrads to the 22 MPG... Now you playing in my ballpark now! :thumbsup As for me if I need really cheap I ride the GW... But if I need to take care of business (shopping, jobs, etc) I'm using my truck. It whoopin my Mom's 1996 Dodge 1500 V8 Gasser (14-15 MPG). As you can see my signature I've really got it kicked up and figured out the science behing good MPG's... ;)

My last 4 tanks averaged together, have averaged right at 20mpg. These are the tanks since downloading SW5 on the Smarty Revo programmer. I've got 3.73's though and I pull a 5,000lb work trailer around during the week!! 16oz. of 2 stroke oil per fill up also in my 3rd gen.!!

• 1 month later...